Location and Job Title:
Martin Pear JCC
12701 N Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85254
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/RESPONSIBILITIES/DUTIES: The Junior Accountant's primary function is to handle the processing of all accounts payable for ILJCC and MPJCC and the monthly accounting transactions for ILJCC. Must be precise and accurate with maintaining each transaction with the respective entities. Have the ability to manage multiple assignments efficiently under pressure while meeting tight deadline schedules with minimal direction. Must possess excellent interpersonal skills and capable of dealing effectively with people.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Assisting with closing at the end of every month; including monthly journal entries and adjusting entries.
- Assists in maintaining financial records and ensuring that financial transactions are properly recorded.
- Create and distribute monthly rent invoices for ILJCC tenants including special billings (copier, postage) as required.
- Daily and monthly cash reconciliation.
- Reconcile and monitor balance sheet accounts and subledgers to ensure accuracy and timely recognition of income and expenses.
- Maintain fixed assets including recording monthly depreciation.
- Maintaining accounts receivable aging and reconciliation.
- Collects and verify invoices by performing pre-audits to ensure both accuracy and appropriateness prior to entering for payment.
- Process weekly check runs and online payments, including preparation of backup for CFO and CEO review for signature.
- Process credit card expense reports via FYLE including researching and resolving discrepancies.
- Corresponds with vendors and maintains updated vendor profiles.
- Prepare and submit monthly rental privilege sales tax reports.
- Understand the annual budget and ensure transactions are entered per budget.
- Assist annual auditors with financial documents.
- Maintains W9 information from all vendors to produce annual 1099's.
- Maintains accounting controls by following agency policies and procedures, complying with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements.
- Preparing ad hoc reports.
- Maintains an online filing system for financial information.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: The ideal candidate will have an AA plus two (2) years of accounting experience or a BS in Accounting. Complete understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Experience with Great Plains preferred.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Experience with FYLE desired.
WORKING CONDITIONS/LOCATION: Scottsdale, Arizona
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/DEMANDS: Standing, walking, repetitive motions, bending, stretching.
MUST PRACTICE AND
PROMOTE SAFETY AT ALL TIMES
The Jewish Community Center has an opening for a Junior Accountant to join our team. This is a full-time exempt position based in Scottsdale, Arizona. Our campus features a state-of-the-art fitness center, outdoor pools, gymnasium, early childhood education center, cultural programs, day camps, recreational sports, and much more, which serve our members as well as nonmember program participants.
Our full-time employees are eligible for our benefits package which includes: medical, dental, life, short and long-term disability insurances, voluntary insurance options, paid vacation, sick and holiday time, 401K, health savings account, complimentary membership at The J and program discounts.
To learn more about The J, please see our website at mpjcc.org.
The J is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verify program.