Location and Job Title:
300 Revere Drive
Northbrook, IL 60062
The Development Coordinator is responsible for updating and maintaining JCC Chicago's fundraising database to track giving throughout its lifecycle, from solicitation and acknowledgement to stewardship, recognition and beyond. With strong attention to detail, the Development Coordinator will maintain donor records, create queries and reports, and integrate dashboards according to agency reporting requirements. The Development Coordinator will serve as an integral member of the Financial Resources Development (FRD) team by collaborating on initiatives and events and providing administrative support as a proactive problem-solver.
Key Job Duties:
- Process all contributions including deposits, input and batch processing, donor acknowledgements and invoices, and maintain electronic and hard copy donor files.
- Create and update templates for regular communications, invoices, and acknowledgements (electronic and printed).
- Work collaboratively with the agency data team (including customer solutions, marketing, and programming departments) to enhance data reporting systems considering the variety of constituency groups.
- Participate in tracking of stewardship efforts, solicitation and giving activity in Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP), ensuring that all forms of outreach and communications are documented.
- Maintain accurate coding to pull efficient and meaningful reports.
- Conduct prospect research and prepare prospect reports using creative means such as Wealth Engine, Google, social media and other nontraditional research platforms.
- Provide support on event preparations such as printing and mailing invitations and tracking RSVPs.
- Provide general administrative support to department including submission of department and employee expenses, and fielding donation calls for the department.
Administrative Support/Organizational Effectiveness:
- Prepare and implement large mailing projects in addition to on-going activities associated with donor stewardship.
- Provide support to special projects and events as needed.
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Advancement Officer as needed.
- Develop an understanding of and commitment to a culture of philanthropy and stewardship, which will allow for a deeper more meaningful connection to the work of the department.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Communications, Public Administration or related.
- Training in Salesforce/NPSP database; some proficiency in generating reports and dashboards.
- Previous experience in nonprofit and/or development preferred.
- Experience working in a donor management system/database.
- Demonstrated high level of proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Previous experience using internet research tools.
- Some experience working in an organization of similar size and scope helpful.
- Entrepreneurial and motivated, creative problem solver and strong collaborator.
- Demonstrated passion for community-based services.
- Some knowledge of the Chicago Jewish community and Chicago philanthropic marketplace.
- A demonstrated self-starter who is flexible and the ability to thrive in a complex and challenging environment.
- Knowledge and/or first-hand experience of overnight camping or other JCC program offerings preferred.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license for at least 24 months, proof of insurance (with a minimum $250,000 liability) and be willing and able to travel between various sites as needed.
35,000 - 45,000
Our GPS is set to J.
We are a collaborative, dynamic, forward-looking team whose passion has a purpose.
With Jewish values as our compass, we are moving JCC Chicago in new exciting directions that will strengthen our Jewish community, enrich generations, nurture friendships, respect traditions and bring out the best in very life we touch.
Led by our dynamic and forward-thinking Executive Team, JCC Chicago enriches lives and builds community through vibrant, meaningful experiences. We are a collaborative, dynamic, forward-looking team whose passion has a purpose. With Jewish values as our compass, we are moving JCC Chicago in new exciting directions that will strengthen our Jewish community, enrich generations, nurture friendships, respect traditions and bring out the best in every life we touch.
JCC Chicago is the largest JCC system in North America, with more than 800 staff in over 15 diverse locations across the metropolitan area. Our core program offerings include Early Childhood Education, Children and Family Engagement Programs, J at School, Sports & Recreation, Aquatics, Arts & Ideas, Day Camps and Overnight Camp.