Location and Job Title:
Full Time Custodial and Maintenance person
Marjorie and Oscar Boonshoft - Center for Jewish Culture and Education
525 Versailles Drive
Centerville, OH 45459
The Jewish Federation of Greater Dayton & its Agencies care for those in need, strengthen Jewish life, and create connections among Jews -- acting locally, in Israel, and around the world.
The Jewish Federation of Greater Dayton is currently seeking a full time Custodial and Maintenance person to join our team. The Custodial and Maintenance position works closely with the Operations Director to meet the custodial and maintenance needs of the building to provide a safe and sanitary environment for staff and visitors. Job Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Performs routine and comprehensive custodial care of assigned areas of facility and grounds, including vacuuming, spot cleaning carpets and washing windows and other duties assigned by the Operations Director.
- Removes trash and recycling in accordance with established procedures.
- Cleans and disinfects restrooms and stocks facilities with paper and supplies.
- Responds to service requests, coordinates resources and performs the setup and takedown of furniture and equipment for a wide variety of community events.
- Performs routine minor building maintenance including plumbing and electrical issues as qualified and replaces a variety of light bulbs and lighting accessories.
- Maintains cleanliness and upkeep of kitchen.
- Works with outside vendors as necessary for building maintenance.
- Performs preventative maintenance in and around facilities as qualified and directed.
The core hours of the position will be 7:00 am - 4:00pm, Monday - Friday with potential for evening or weekend hours as needed.
- 18years/older High School Diploma or GED
- Must pass criminal background check and drug screening
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to apply logic and make sound decisions
- Knowledge of standard cleaning methods and procedures
- Ability to stand, walk, and bend for long periods of time
- Ability to perform repetitive motion for long periods of time
- Experience using cleaning equipment, cleaning solutions, as well as power and hand tools.
- Possess strong communication skills
- Ability to lift heavy objects (tables, chairs, trash cans)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Job Type: Full-time Application Questions You have requested that Indeed ask candidates the following questions: * Are you willing to undergo a background check, in accordance with local law/regulations?
25,000 - 35,000
The Boonshoft CJCE is home to the offices of the Jewish Federation, the JCC facilities and Preschool, Jewish Family Services, Jewish Foundation, Dayton Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC), and the Dayton Jewish Observer.