Location and Job Title:
Pre-Team Swim Coach
Shorefront YM-YWHA of Brighton Manhattan Beach
3300 Coney Island Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11235
The Shorefront Y is looking for a professional swim coach to run our Pre-Swim Team program. We are looking for someone who is passionate about swimming and dedicated to developing children in all aspects of life. If you want to make a difference in a young athlete's career, this is the job for you. We are looking for someone to guide and motivate our swimmers to become great athletes and exceptional human beings.
- Work with children from 7 to 18 years of age.
- Create practices in order to develop strokes and techniques at a competitive level and achieve long term goals.
- Keep practices fluid in order to adapt to individual swimmer's skills and needs.
- Keep accurate attendance for each class.
- Arrive on deck promptly and ready to work. At least 15m before the beginning of class.
- Communicate with parents that may have questions before and after class.
- This may regard scheduling, progress, etc.
- Enforce pool regulations in a firm manner while maintaining good public relations.
This job is a part time position. We pay a competitive salary.
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification (or a certification of equal standing.)
- Red Cross Lifeguard Certification (or a certification of equal standing.)
- Red Cross CPR PRO/First Aid/AED Certification (or a certification of equal standing.)
- USA Swimming Registered Swim Coach
- Red Cross Safety for Swim Coaches Certification
- Significant experience teaching and coaching swimming to children of all ages.
The Shorefront YM-YWHA of Brighton-Manhattan Beach, Inc. is a vibrant not-for-profit Jewish community center, settlement house and social service agency. The Shorefront YM-YWHA of Brighton-Manhattan Beach, Inc. provides a full array of cultural, educational, wellness, immigrant and human social services for people of all ages year-round. To learn more about the Shorefront Y please visit www.shorefronty.org.