Location and Job Title:
Fitness Floor Attendant
Stroum Jewish Community Center
3801 East Mercer Way
Mercer Island, WA 98040
The Fitness Center Attendant is responsible for providing customer service within the Fitness Center by answering
questions and providing help to members and guests as needed. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure opening tasks are complete before Fitness Center is open for members/guests.
- Answer questions and help members/guests as needed.
- Track Fitness Center usage.
- Monitor usage of the Fitness Center and address any concerns/issues that arise.
- Clean equipment, floor, mirrors, etc. within the Fitness Center as necessary.
- Ensure closing tasks are complete after the Fitness Center is closed.
- Perform work on weekends and evenings as needed to meet applicable deadlines or scheduling needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED);
- One to three months of related experience and/or
training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Certificates and Licenses:
No specific certificates or licenses required.
Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office is preferred.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers,
clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform
these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Fitness Center Attendant
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The information described below represents the physical activities and surroundings one may encounter when performing
the duties of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
Physical Demands: To perform the job, the employee is frequently required to talk, hear, and stand. The
employee may occasionally be required to stoop, climb, balance, kneel, bend, crouch, crawl, and reach with
hands and arms. The employee may be required to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally and push/pull up to 50
Environmental Conditions: The work is typically Fitness Center environment with a moderate noise level.
Working condition may occasionally include work near moving parts (exercise equipment); wet, humid conditions
(non-weather); and work in crowded areas. Occasional travel to the pool facility may be required where
environmental conditions may include slippery surfaces.
All employees are expected to represent the J's Vision, Mission, and Values while conducting their job duties:
Vision: The Stroum Jewish Community Center will inspire connections that build community and ensure Jewish continuity. Mission: Together we
celebrate outstanding programs, partnerships, and spaces that welcome everyone to learn, grow, and celebrate Jewish life and culture. Values: K'lal
Yisrael (Jewish Peoplehood), Hachnasat Orchim (Welcoming Everyone), Limud (Learning), Simcha (Joy), Derech Eretz (Respect and Common
Courtesy), Shmirat haNefesh v'haGuf (Taking Care of Oneself, Body and Soul), Kehillah shel Chaverim (A Community of Friends).