Location and Job Title:
Program Manager of Arts & Ideas
Lawrence Family JCC of San Diego County- Jacobs Family Campus
4126 Executive Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
Reporting to the Director of Cultural Arts Programs & Festivals, and working in collaboration with appropriate staff of the San Diego Center for Jewish Culture (CJC), the Program Manager oversees elements of the programming and implementation of the Arts & Ideas programs.
The Program Manager is an integral part of the CJC team assisting the Director in developing innovative Jewish cultural arts programming across multiple disciplines and departments of the JCC. The Program Manager supports the Director's efforts to increase audience engagement, build community support, and position the CJC as a leading cultural programs provider to Greater San Diego County.
SALARY/STATUS: Salary commensurate with experience / Full-Time, Exempt
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field required.
- Working knowledge of relevant entertainment industry professionals related to all aspects of programming and booking for a performing arts center, such as artist agencies, management, promoters and performing artists.
- Previous experience in programming, including show budgeting, artist negotiations, engagement management, and/or contract negotiation and processing.
- Previous experience working in one or more of the areas represented by the Arts & Culture department (dance, theatre, music, other performing arts).
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Moderate understanding of technical aspects of theatre including projection, lighting and sound.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, timelines and deadlines simultaneously.
- Interest in Jewish culture and arts.
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Occasionally required to lift, pull, climb, kneel, and bend.
- Regularly required to communicate.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
HOW TO APPLY: If interested in the position, please reply with your cover letter and resume. NO PHONE CALLS
MORE DETAILS: Full-time positions are eligible for a wide variety of benefits that include:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 403(b) Retirement Plan Contributions
- FREE JCC Annual Family Membership
The mission of the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS is to provide social, cultural, educational, and recreational programs to individuals and families of all ages, religions, races, financial abilities, and physical and mental abilities. Likewise, the JCC provides equal opportunity employment to individuals of all religions and backgrounds. The JCC welcomes San Diego's diverse Jewish community and the community at large.