Location and Job Title:
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches
5221 Hood Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is looking to hire a full-time, year-round Administrative Assistant for its Children's Department in Boynton Beach, Florida.
The Youth and Family Engagement Administrative Assistant is the administrative assistant in our day camp office, where over 250 campers are enrolled in our programs per week. Under the supervision of the Director of Youth & Family Engagement/Camp Director, the Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the Youth & Family team. The purpose of the role is to support daily operations of running the Camp/Aftercare program enabling the Director and Program Manager to focus on the priorities of the program(s).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, answering regular phone calls and e-mails, taking messages, fielding questions, processing and monitoring enrollment, creating rosters, coordinating meetings/daily schedules, organizing field trips, overseeing orders and overall administrative and support duties for Camp Shalom and Club J. This person will manage and help complete necessary processes between the Director/Program Manager and Human Resources, Marketing, Accounting and other agency departments in accordance with JCC policies, procedures and any other program-related standards. To be successful, this individual will exemplify patience and exceptional customer service to staff, prospective and families enrolled and other JCC members.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide excellent customer service and create a warm, welcoming environment for children, families, members, guests, and staff.
- Work with Director to respond to/address needs and concerns of parents, families and staff.
- Answer telephone calls and emails and respond to questions regarding our programs/camp, enrollment and schedule tours for prospective families, meet the needs of current parents and direct all other calls accordingly.
- Process program registrations, camp applications and communicate with necessary departments to ensure positive, smooth customer experience.
- Support Director and Program Manager in staff and child file maintenance ensuring required paperwork is turned in by each person and fielded appropriately.
- Create and regularly update schedules, program rosters, attendance and other important lists/documents (e.g., allergies, parent notes).
- Perform administrative duties for the department, which includes but is not limited to, scheduling, creating and sending out letters and emails, scanning, photocopying, printing pictures/documentation.
- Track before and after care registrants and adhere to billing requirements.
- Arrange for meeting spaces and setups for scheduled events.
- Organize paperwork for mailings or distribution.
- Handle inventory and ordering office and program supplies and materials.
- Understand and comply with the Mandel JCC rules, as well as state and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform other job duties, functions, responsibilities as assigned by Director or other member of Mandel JCC's Leadership team.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (20-25 pounds) bending, stooping, stretching, squatting, standing and sitting.
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
- Noise level varies depending on time of year and at times can be loud.
- A minimum of two years' experience as an administrative assistant/receptionist/other similar position.
- Previous experience working in a camp, school, synagogue, or other community-related environment; JCC experienced is ideal.
- Someone who thrives when working independently and as a team, responds positively and openly to a variety of tasks as they arise and has the ability to shift thinking or attention in response to a switch in rules, or to new or unexpected situations.
- Someone who loves community - they build strong relationships and know they will excel in creating a collaborative environment among staff, lay leadership and the community while maintaining a high level of confidentiality to ensure employee, participant and member information is kept private.
- Someone who prides themselves on being punctual, prepared and reliable - arrives at work on time and is ready to go!
- Strong time management skills, sound judgement, professionalism and exceptional customer service skills are a must!
- Working at a JCC is different than a "typical" office environment - this position requires multi-tasking in a fast-paced, stressful environment while maintaining exceptional communication skills and customer service to internal and external customers.
- Someone with strong computer skills - must be able to jump in and be adept with software including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite and other programs as needed.
- Someone with a basic understanding of child development and Jewish culture, values, and traditions or willingness to learn; this person should enjoy working in an environment with children.
- Someone with an undeniable excitement to contribute and commit to the Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches' mission!
$35,000 - $45,000
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN A JCC?
Jewish Community Centers are multi-service community agencies that provide a wide array of programs, courses, and activities for people of all ages. In addition to stimulating and rewarding work, you'll enjoy a friendly family-like atmosphere that values your mental and physical well-being. JCC employees can use the on-site fitness facilities and take part in all of the programs available. Competitive salaries and generous holiday, vacation, and healthcare plans underscore your importance to the JCC. In a recent survey of JCC employee satisfaction, more than 90 percent of professionals reported enjoying their jobs!
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN OUR JCC?
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Recognizing and investing in our greatest asset, our staff, is of extraordinary importance to the Mandel JCC. In addition to an engaged work environment, we offer the following to our employees:
- Competitive Pay
- Health Benefits
- Retirement Planning
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- PTO: Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Staff Discount on our Programs
- Professional Development
OUR JCC WELCOMES ALL PEOPLE
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches does not discriminate against employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law. A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Employee Handbook. The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.