Location and Job Title:
2000 Hollywood Dr
York, PA 17403
Overview: Candidate for this position must be 16 years of age. Must have American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Certification.
- Must understand all four competitive strokes with turns.
- Create and maintain a safe environment for all participants.
- Must be an enthusiastic ambassador of the JCC.
- Must be on time and well prepared for classes.
- Mark class attendance on daily attendance charts.
- Put away all equipment after the program.
- Participate in continuing education programs.
- Demonstrate and explain skills and reasoning for drills.
- Understand all the levels of the American Red Cross Learn to Swim Program.
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Hold a current Water Safety Instructor certification through the American Red Cross
- Greet students by name in a friendly manner.
- Begin and end class on time.
- Be prepared.
- Attend member service trainings.
- Suggest other programming offered at the JCC.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Must be able to lift at least 30 pounds.
- Must be able to assist participants in and out of the pool.
- Must be able to swim a minimum of 300 yards continuously.
- Must be able to demonstrate swimming skills.
To apply, please send resume/cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Who We Are
The JCC is a non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religion, financial or ethnic background. Since 1910 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the current times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 100 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.
The JCC provides programming for:
- Wellness & Fitness for all ages
- Youth Fitness, Dance & Sports
- Children's Education and Child Care
- Holocaust Education
- Diversity Education
- Jewish Cultural Programs
- Contemporary Adult Programming