Location and Job Title:
Goldring-Woldenberg JCC in Metairie, Louisiana
3747 W Esplanade Ave, Metairie, LA 70002
This position is open at the Goldring-Woldenberg JCC in Metairie, Louisiana
Members of the Fitness Staff are a part of a team whose goal is the delivery of the finest services the Center can provide. Fitness Staff responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Learn members' names especially during your regularly scheduled shifts.
- Greet and engage with members.
- Monitor members and activities as you circulate the entire fitness facility.
- Take initiative to assist members with exercise equipment, exercise and general use of fitness center.
- Encourage members to participate in JCC classes, programs, events and fitness services.
- Perform safety checks in the first floor locker rooms.
- Be available for any incident, emergency, or unusual situation occurring during your shift.
- Report any questions and/or concerns during shift to Wellness Director.
- Maintain exercise equipment.
- Attend all staff meetings
- Document equipment problems.
- Ensure towels are available for members.
- Perform fitness orientations.
- Conduct Teen Fit Programs.
- Remind members to adhere to JCC policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must be available to work weekends (mid-day avaiablity welcomed)
- Must be able to lift heavy weights and stand for consecutive periods of time.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Attend mandatory staff meetings
- Must have current AED and CPR Certifications and continue to maintain those certifications throughout entire term of employment.
Our Community ...Values Jewish culture, practice and thought, and serves as an educational resource for JCC members and for all New Orleanians with an interest in Judaism...Knows that comfortable, clean and conveniently located facilities set the tone for everything we do at the JCC...Embraces health and wellness, and JCC Fitness Centers are committed to helping members achieve positive lifestyle changes...Embraces children through education, sports and family activities...Celebrates the joys of childhood and encourages the independence of youth...Values lifelong learning, encourages friendship among adults of all ages and extends special assistance to elders.