Location and Job Title:
Personal Trainer - Independent Contractor
3960 Montclair Rd
Birmingham, AL 35213
General Position Summary
The personal trainer assists the Levite Jewish Community Center members in finding new ways to inspire healthier habits through health and wellness. The position will work closely with members in promoting wellness and helping individuals realize their personal best. Personal trainers are responsible for developing relationships with members and assisting them through the process of actively working towards better health by providing support, encouragement, and education.
- Provide excellent member service by exceeding member expectations; greet and acknowledge all members to encourage wellness participation.
- Monitor the wellness center as fitness members use the equipment to ensure their general safety and equipment function; enforces all member codes of conduct, rules and policies including, but not limited to, age restrictions, dress codes, language and proper use of LJCC equipment and facilities.
- Demonstrates correct stances, posture, alignment and technique during wellness consultation and healthy lifestyles sessions; Shows safe, effective ranges of motion and exercise control. Demonstrates strength & endurance maintaining role-model form throughout.
- Completes daily cleaning tasks as assigned, and records their completion.
- Take professional initiative to offer information, promote and sell personal training and additional LJCC health & wellness services & programs.
- Integrate the mission of the LJCC and follow the core values of responsibility to create, serve, and enhance the community through our mission each and every day.
- Understand the prevention, detection, and treatment of musculoskeletal injuries, basic emergency procedures, and the legal and professional responsibilities of wellness coaches.
- Assists LJCC Well Director with administrative tasks that include keeping accurate records of scheduled, rescheduled and cancelled appointments.
- Assists LJCC Wellness Director in finding replacements or substitute instructors when not able to work a scheduled shift.
- Accurately uses scheduling software to enter in staff member availability, member appointments and any and all other data necessary.
- Any and all other duties assigned by management.
(The requirements listed below are representative of the minimum education and or hands-on experience necessary to perform each essential responsibility)
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Degree in exercise science, or a related field from an accredited college. Bachelor's degree in exercise science, or a related field from an accredited college or university a plus.
- At least one year experience in a related field a plus.
- Previous experience in personal training, and health and wellness programming.
- CPR, First Aid, AED, prior to employment.
- National certification in personal training a plus.
(The skills listed below are representative of the knowledge skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential function)
- Ability to manage and monitor fitness center operations.
- Ability to handle customer service issues.
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, patrons, and professional staff.
- Ability to complete required duties on a day-to-day basis.
- Occasional bending, stooping, and lifting.
- Several hours on feet walking around.
- Moderate to loud noise.
- Assisting in events set up requiring lifting exceeding 30 pounds.
Other duties may be assigned to this position at the direction of the Wellness Director.
Levite Jewish Community Center
3960 Montclair Road
Birmingham, AL. 35213