Location and Job Title:
Personal Training, Evening
JCC Greater Boston
333 Nahanton St
Newton, MA 02459
Under the supervision of the Fitness Director, Personal Trainers are responsible for managing and maintaining the fitness floor, being responsive to members by offering assistance and educating them on the safe and correct use of cardiovascular and weight training equipment. Additionally, Personal Trainers perform (Fit Plans), consultations, orientations/assessments, sells personal training packages, conducts one-on-one personal training sessions and answers fitness related questions.
- Promote the JCC personal training program during fitness center orientations, fitness floor shifts and contacting interested members within 24 hours of receiving a lead.
- Maintain a client base by selling new packages, and encouraging current clients to continue. Assist in development and implementation of new programs and classes.
- Develop safe and effective exercise programs utilizing progression; programs are consistent with member's goals/needs and within the scope of your education and knowledge you currently possess.
- Maintain up-to-date client records in Mind Body and responsible for tracking pending client appointments in Mind Body.
- When personal training during your scheduled fitness floor shift, you are only allowed to train clients in the Fitness Center and may only train for half of your scheduled shift.
- No drinks should be carried around while personal training, except for water or sports drinks.
- Attend all mandatory Personal Trainer meetings, training and development.
- All personal training clients are JCC members. Our goal is to provide the client with excellent customer service and keep them happy. If at any time there is a conflict that will not allow you to continue to train the member - every effort should be made to place the member with another trainer with the assistance of the Fitness Director.
- While on shift, it is required to follow the Daily Action Plan and complete all items on the checklist.
The JCC serves 50,000 people, representing 98 communities and every age and ability. It engages the community through its health and wellness centers, preschools, camps, and programs for children, families, adults, young adults, teens and seniors. The mission of the JCC is to advance the aspirations of families and individuals to enrich their lives, bodies, and spirits, by providing the best in contemporary programs and experiences.