Location and Job Title:
Jewish Community Center of San Francisco
3200 California Street
San Francisco, CA 94118
Recruiter is responsible for carrying out centralized recruiting
functions across the organization, with an emphasis on high-volume
hourly and seasonal positions, as well as administrative and
professional positions as needed. The recruiter will also build
relationships with individuals and organizations to gain candidate leads
for hard-to-fill positions in aquatics, athletics, and education, as
well as executive level positions. The Recruiter will act as an
ambassador of the JCCSF shining a spotlight on why the JCCSF is a great
place to work.
evaluate, and review potential candidates utilizing cold calls, job
boards, social networking, and internal database, etc.
- Post jobs on internal career center and on various external job boards.
- Interview prospective candidates via video, phone and/or in person to assess skill set, work history, and salary requirements.
- In collaboration with the Human Resources Manager, develop recruiting strategies for key positions.
- Meet with JCCSF supervisors to discuss recruitment needs and strategies, in partnership with the Human Resources Manager.
- Develop and maintain a strong pipeline of qualified talent to submit to hiring managers.
- Select well-matched candidates to fulfill open job reqs.
- Resolve any internal customer service issues quickly and efficiently to maintain the highest level of customer satisfaction.
relationships with highly skilled professionals in anticipation of
future position openings that match their skillset, to gain knowledge of
various industries relevant to the JCCSF and obtain referrals for
career opportunities within the JCCSF.
- Assist in developing recruiting best practices and assist in creating and maintaining a recruiting SOP.
- Attend job fairs and other recruiting events.
- Develop and maintain relationship with local college and university career placement departments.
relationships with multiple staffing agencies and be the liaison
between hiring managers and agency recruiters for temporary staffing
- Develop and implement diversity recruiting strategy.
- Document weekly recruiting activity.
- Act as primary administrator for online applicant tracking system.
- Support hiring managers by assisting with reference checking process and coordinating offer follow-up steps.
recommendations on potential improvements to hiring processes based on
experience, research, and an understanding of best practices.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the organization and act as JCCSF ambassador for potential applicants and employees.
- As needed, support other initiatives and projects within the Human Resources department.
- Attend HR department meetings and function as part of the team.
- 3+ years of experience as a recruiter with an emphasis on G&A recruiting.
- Staffing agency recruiting experience.
- Campus recruiting experience.
have a strong desire to build a career in recruiting by using proven
negotiating and closing skills and the ability to build candidate
- Ability to develop and maintain internal customer relationships.
- Experience using various applicant tracking systems and comfortable learning new technologies.
- Ability to multi-task and persevere in a fast-paced dynamic environment with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work reliably and discreetly and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Must have a proven track record of success and be a competitive, self-motivated individual.
- Knowledge of various external job board and experience posting to them.
- Knowledge of labor laws pertaining to hiring and selection.
- Excellent people skills, including enthusiasm, a welcoming demeanor, and excellent verbal skills.
- Strong knowledge of recruiting and interviewing techniques.
- Strong organizational, project management, and tracking abilities.
- Proactive approach to preventative problem solving
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be comfortable interacting with people on all platforms and in person.
- Self-motivated, detail, process and result oriented.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Ability to problem-solve and work under pressure and time constraints.
- Ability to work independently and be detail, process and results oriented.
- Ability to recruit and interact with candidates at all levels, from entry level to executive level.
- Experience working with LinkedIn Recruiter tools a plus.
- Cold calling in a sales environment is a plus.
- General knowledge of HR practices and HR experience a plus.
Comfortable private cubical space in a temperature controlled administrative suite.
periods of sitting at a computer workstation. Walking throughout the
building at times and external travel (local) as indicated in the job
Benefited, exempt position
Full time, 40 hours per week
Monday through Friday
HEALTH & SAFETY:
order to keep staff and participants as safe and healthy as possible,
all staff working on-site will be required to be vaccinated (COVID-19)
prior to beginning work. Please reach out to HR@jccsf.org if you have
Urban and inclusive, the Jewish Community Center of San Francisco (JCCSF) celebrates our vibrant city and its people. We explore Jewish culture and traditions as a pathway for joyful, meaningful living. We're a community for everyone, using the power of gathering together to share, inspire, support and restore. The JCCSF is located in San Francisco, CA at 3200 California Street (at Presidio).