Location and Job Title:
Administrative Assistant, Youth & Family Engagement, Boynton Beach
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches
5221 Hood Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is looking to welcome a Youth and Family Engagement Administrative Assistant to the Boynton Beach team. This individual will be the administrative assistant in our day camp office, where over 250 campers are enrolled in our programs per week. Under the supervision of the Director of Youth & Family Engagement/Camp Director, the Administrative Assistant is primarily responsible for providing administrative support to the Youth & Family team. The purpose of the role is to support daily operations of running the Camp/Aftercare program enabling the Director and Program Manager to focus on the priorities of the program(s).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, answering regular phone calls and e-mails, taking messages, fielding questions, processing and monitoring enrollment, creating rosters, coordinating meetings/daily schedules, organizing field trips, overseeing orders and overall administrative and support duties for Camp Shalom and Club J. This person will manage and help complete necessary processes between the Director/Program Manager and Human Resources, Marketing, Accounting and other agency departments in accordance with JCC policies, procedures and any other program-related standards. To be successful, this individual will exemplify patience and exceptional customer service to staff, prospective and families enrolled and other JCC members.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide excellent customer service and create a warm, welcoming environment for all children, families, members, guests, and staff.
- Work with Director to respond to/address needs and concerns of parents, families and staff.
- Answer telephone calls and emails and respond to questions regarding our programs/camp, enrollment and schedule tours for prospective families, meet the needs of current parents and direct all other calls accordingly.
- Process program registrations, camp applications and communicate with necessary departments to ensure positive, smooth customer experience.
- Support Director and Program Manager in staff and child file maintenance ensuring required paperwork is turned in by each person and fielded appropriately.
- Create and regularly update schedules, program rosters, attendance and other important lists/documents (e.g., allergies, parent notes).
- Perform administrative duties for the department, which includes but is not limited to, scheduling, creating and sending out letters and emails, scanning, photocopying, printing pictures/documentation.
- Track before and after care registrants and adhere to billing requirements.
- Arrange for meeting spaces and setups for scheduled events.
- Organize paperwork for mailings or distribution
- Handle inventory and ordering office and program supplies and materials.
- Understand and comply with the Mandel JCC rules, as well as state and federal laws and regulations.
- Perform other job duties, functions, responsibilities as assigned by Director or other member of Mandel JCC's Leadership team.
- An ability to work as a team, build strong relationships and help create a collaborative environment among staff, lay leadership and the community.
- Being punctual, prepared and reliable - arrive at work on time, when scheduled and ready to go!
- Strong time management skills, sound judgement, and exceptional customer service skills.
- Skilled at multi-tasking in a fast-paced, stressful environment while maintaining exceptional customer service to internal and external customers
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, non-verbal, written and oral communication skills.
- Being responsible, professional, courteous, positive, trustworthy and reliable - this position requires constant internal interaction employees, supervisors, officers, lay committees, members, guests, donors and board members as well as significant external interaction with vendors, other agency personnel and the greater community.
- Adept with computers and software including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Google Suite and other programs as needed.
- A basic understanding of child development and Jewish culture, values, and traditions or willingness to learn; enjoying working in an environment with children.
- Demonstration of a high level of confidentiality in order to maintain employee, participant and member information private.
- Being flexible and responding positively and openly to a variety of non-routine and unexpected tasks as they may arise.
- An ability to work independently and follow through on assigned tasks.
- Excitement to contribute and commit to the Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches' mission.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Tasks involve the ability to exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, but which may involve some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of moderate weight (20-25 pounds) bending, stooping, stretching, squatting, standing and sitting.
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation.
- Noise level varies depending on time of year and at times can be loud.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Opportunities for growth
Internal mobility is highly encouraged and fully supported.
Benefits (Full-Time Employees)
- Health Benefits
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- PTO: Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Voluntary Benefits: Pet Discount Program, Financial Wellness, Identity Theft Protection, Accident and Critical Illness
- Staff Discount on our Programs (FT and PT employees!)
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches does not discriminate against employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law. A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Personnel Manual. The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
25,000 - 35,000
Mandel JCC is a non-profit social services agency founded upon Jewish ethics
and values. Committed to meeting the ever-changing needs of the entire
community, the JCC strengthens Jewish identity and enriches quality of life
through diversified social, educational, recreational, and cultural programs.
Operating out of two facilities throughout Palm Beach County, the JCC provides
the total community with a forum for open dialogue and offers inclusive
wellness, education, and community services for members and guests of all