Location and Job Title:
Inclusion Camp Coordinator
Addison-Penzak JCC of Silicon Valley
14855 Oka Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032
Position: Inclusion Camp Coordinator
Department:Camp & Youth
Status: Seasonal Non-Exempt At-Will
Direct Reports:Inclusion counselors
Supervisor:Camp & Youth Director
This position is responsible for creating, managing, and implementing the inclusion program at Camp Shalom. The Inclusion Camp Coordinator works in collaboration with the Camp & Youth Director and supervises the team of Inclusion Camp Counselors. The Inclusion Camp Coordinator is responsible for modeling, teaching, and implementing inclusive approaches in the Camp Shalom community.
All employees of the APJCC are responsible to create relationships with the members to add value to their membership and enhance their sense of belonging with the APJCC community.
- Coordinate with Camp & Youth staff to develop the inclusion program.
- Recruiting Campers: Work with Camp & Youth Staff and marketing team to distribute information, communicating with local school districts and parent groups, communicate with previous participants in APJCC special needs programming.
- Screening Campers: Review application forms for all perspective campers who have been identified as having special needs/needing accommodation. Conduct intake interviews with perspective campers and families. Gather relevant information to allow campers to be adequately supported (i.e. IEPs; 504 Plans; recent evaluations; letters from therapists, teachers, outside service providers, etc.)
- Implementing Inclusion Program:
- Assist in interviewing and hiring inclusion staff.
- Pair campers and counselors and coordinate pre-camp meetups.
- Develop individualized guides for each camper in the program.
- Develop training for inclusion counselors and inclusion training for general camp staff.
- Develop parent communication plan.
- Communicate with parents as needed.
- Support Inclusion Campers and Counselors on a daily basis.
- Provide ongoing training for Inclusion Camp Counselors.
- Work with general camp counselors to create inclusive, age appropriate, fun, and safe spaces/programming.
- Adhere to and be knowledgeable of ACA (American Camp Association) standards and compliance.
- Assist Director in carrying out all policies and procedures of the APJCC and the ACA.
- Assist in developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Camp Shalom's Inclusion program.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management and as business dictates.
- Interact positively with all clientele, board members and camp staff at all times.
- Provide information to clientele and prospective customers regarding camp and camp programs.
- Be familiar and follow through with camp policies regarding camper and staff
- Maintains accurate records; prepares and submits reports as requested by supervisor and in a timely manner.
- Provides friendly, courteous and helpful service to members and participants.
- Develops a positive work relationship with direct staff and other APJCC employees.
- Attendance at All-Staff meetings and pre-camp training (mandatory)
Perform special projects and other related duties as required by management and as business dictates.
- Available to work non-traditional business hours - may require evening and weekend work.
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in Social Work, Therapeutic Recreation, Special Education or related field.
- Experience in a camp or recreation setting preferred.
- Experience with staff supervision.
- Demonstrated good character, integrity, professionalism, and trust with confidential information.
- Must have enthusiasm, be adaptable, dependable, and possess an excellent work ethic.
- Must be articulate and possess excellent customer service skills, as well as communication skills both orally and verbally.
- Must proficient computer skills. (Word, Excel and Publisher)
- Must possess basic office skills.
- Valid CPR/AED and first aid certifications preferred.
- Knowledge in Jewish programming is a plus.
- Must possess a valid Driver License
- Submit to and pass background check via APJCC specific Livescan location.
This position is contingent upon completion and clearance of a background fingerprint assessment.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Fitness Center/Community Center and both indoor and outdoor environment
- Ability to lift, move or carry a minimum of 45 lbs.as needed.
- Ability to Support campers change clothes as needed.Adhere to privacy policies as applied.
- Ability to work within a flexible and on-demand work schedule.
- Ability to stand, sit, lift, bend, twist
- Work with children of all ages and levels of physical/emotional abilities.
The working conditions described above are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the work environment can be noisy and you may be working in close proximity with others. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as phones, computers and printers.
APJCC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer-Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Disclaimer: This job description indicates in general terms, the type and level of work performed as well as the typical responsibilities of employees in this classification. The duties described are not to be interpreted as being all-inclusive to any specific employee. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions and, when possible, to make reasonable accommodations so that qualified employees can perform the essential functions of the job. Nothing in this position description changes the at-will employment relationship existing between the APJCC and its employees.
Amenities include fitness center, heated pool, children's pool, lighted tennis courts, full gymnasium, event auditorium and meeting rooms, athletic field, physical therapy clinic, free parking, childcare, acclaimed preschool for ages 18 months-5 years, day camp, recreation program for children with special needs, birthday parties, teen lounge, Center for Jewish Life & Learning, holiday celebrations, Judaica and Hebrew classes, enrichment classes on a variety of topics for all ages, dance and sports programs for children and adults. Event rentals available.