Location and Job Title:
Sports & Membership Coordinator
Jewish Community Center of Schenectady
2565 Balltown Rd.
Niskayuna, NY 12309
The Sports & Membership Coordinator is responsible for membership efforts at the Schenectady
Jewish Community Center (SJCC). Reporting directly to the Executive Director,
her/his main focus is membership sales, retention and
associated functions necessary to achieve excellent results. This
includes assuring that each member's relationship with the JCC starts out
positive in the membership intake process and continues successfully in all of
the transactions and interactions that the member has with the JCC. This
position will also actively sell the SJCC as a premier venue for private
events, create and maintain good client relationships, and oversees all events
at the SJCC. The Candidate is expected to be innovative, imaginative and an
enthusiastic role model for members and other staff. She/he must embrace the SJCC's mission and strategic plan in guiding
current and future efforts.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Proper intake of all new members.
- Maintaining an accurate and updated list of all current JCC members.
- Taking potential and new members on tours of the JCC in order to identify how
the JCC can best meet their needs.
- Organizing special events geared towards membership recruitment and retention.
- Serving as a contact person for request for JCC information by local agencies,
- organizations and other JCCs.
- Staying current with competitive marketplace, both locally and nationally.
- Staying current with internal programs and services.
- Staffing membership/marketing committee.
- Developing marketing/PR materials (including social media and the website) that deliver a unified message with staff, volunteers and outside vendors. This includes production of public relations materials including the JCCs Update publication.
- Facilitating a positive growth image of the JCC in the community.
- Collaborating with JCC staff and volunteer leadership to create and present membership options geared to current assessments of membership needs.
- Creating new opportunities for non-members to add to their participation in the JCC.
- Developing working relationships with area synagogues, communal organizations and agencies, schools, organizations and businesses related to the work of the JCC.
- Staffing a membership/marketing committee.
- Respond to facility inquires including but not limited to providing facility tours
- Create rental agreements
- Work with maintenance staff for proper setup
- Ensure proper staffing for events
- Follow up with renters for feedback
II. Create a Sales Culture
- Helping to develop sales expectations of JCC department heads including bottom-line results (contribution to membership and program revenues) and specific sales related responsibilities in their department and in the overall JCC
- Training staff both formally and informally on the principles of excellent customer service so that there is consistency in the manner in which we relate to our members.
- Creating & maintaining meaningful tracking & reporting systems.
- Creating consistent and reliable sales reports that will help JCC staff and volunteer leaders have an accurate, meaningful, and timely picture of JCC membership.
- Presenting sales reports, including interpretations and recommendations, to JCC staff and volunteer leadership so they are helpful and active partners in sales and retention efforts.
- Serving as an agent for soliciting outside rentals of agency facilities.
- Developing annual departmental budget and monitoring expenses.
- Participating in fundraising efforts as defined by the Executive Director.
- This will be a salaried position including evenings and Sundays. Hours may change from time to time based on the needs of the JCC.
- Attending bi-weekly staff meetings is required.
- Education in related field.
- 3 + years of qualifying experience.
- Ability to relate well with staff & community contacts.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills. Knowledge of basic graphics/design is a big plus.
Since 1921, SJCC has served the Niskayuna and greater Schenectady area as a community center, an educational resource, a Jewish cultural touchpoint, and a fitness facility where everyone is welcome! SJCC is ranked the largest Child Care Center in the Capital Region by the Albany Business Review for the past three years and is the largest Silver Sneakers provider in Schenectady County. We were recently recognized by the Schenectady County Human Rights Commission for our Capital Capabilities initiative; which enlightens and informs the abled community about those with disabilities. In addition, SJCC offers a full calendar of cultural programs, adult classes, pre-school, afterschool and summer camp programs, and family?friendly and inclusive events. SJCC operates an annual budget of $4,200,000. Governed by a volunteer Board of Directors and with a staff of more than 235, SJCC is embarking on an exciting new campaign that includes renovations to the physical plant, new hours and classes, and a new logo and branding.