Location and Job Title:
Director of Marketing and Communications
The Roth Family JCC of Greater Orlando
851 N Maitland Ave.
Maitland, FL 32751
Jewish Federation of Greater Orlando and The Roth Family JCC of Greater Orlando
Reporting to the Executive Director and CEO, the Director of Marketing and Communications has overall responsibility for developing and implementing The Jewish Federation of Greater Orlando (JFGO) and The Roth Family JCC's strategy for Marketing and Communication. In addition, the Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for both the JFGO and JCC's website and weekly email(s). This is a hands-on position with a goal to enhance and increase the Federation and JCC's standing in the Central Florida community and increase both donations and fee-for-service programs. The ideal candidate will be dynamic, high-energy, creative, organized, and be able to act as a community organizer while possessing an unequivocal level of diplomacy and discretion.
- In collaboration with executive leadership, support Federation and JCC fundraising efforts, including preparation of targeted direct mail and online fundraising appeals.
- Develop, implement and evaluate all marketing campaigns and promotional activities to educate the community about the Federation/JCC and to encourage participation in activities and programs.
- Develop marketing protocols and guidelines to assure consistency from program staff in publicizing events and programs.
- Manage the lead generation and sales process of the JCC including supervision of the website, lead/tour tracking mechanism and online advertising.
- Administer and create content for Federation and JCC websites and co-administer online Community Calendar.
- Write, design, edit and schedule e-newsletters and other e-mail communications sent to donors, members and program attendees.
- Partner with program staff to recommend individualized strategies to accomplish participation goals
- Ensure adherence to the Federation and JCC brands and overall professionalism in all forms of communication.
- Serve as the primary media contact and pursue editorial coverage of newsworthy Federation and JCC happenings; serve as primary media liaison representing the Federation and JCC for J Life magazine and The Heritage Florida Jewish News.
- Coordinate printed materials from concept to completion. Prepare or oversee preparation of videos, brochures, posters, signs, newsletters, building displays, apparel, photography, fliers, advertisements and additional materials.
- Serve as a writing, production and editing resource for all departments
- Supervise the Marketing Manager and interns
- Oversee digital marketing strategy for Federation and JCC with an emphasis on social media
- Manage the budget for marketing expenditures and establish marketing goals.
- Work with the marketing committee
- Other duties and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in Marketing, Communication, Public Relations or related field, or appropriate combination of education and significant experience.
- A minimum of 5 years' full-time experience in a marketing, external communication or a related field.
- Experience developing marketing content, communications and visual strategies in support of a brand.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Experience administering a website.
- Knowledge and understanding of Jewish customs, traditions, the Jewish community and the respective missions of the Federation and JCC.
REQUIRED ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES
- Working knowledge of Salesforce CRM
- Significant experience creating and configuring online lead generation campaigns through search engine marketing/PPC. Experience preferred with tools such as (or comparable to) AdRoll, Facebook Advertising, OptinMonster, and Zapier.
- Passion for social media marketing and demonstrated ability to leverage the latest social media trends.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work as a team member and supervisor.
- Demonstrated ability to design professional communications materials using design software including the Adobe Creative Suite/Cloud and Microsoft Office.
- Experience taking photographs and shooting video using a DSLR camera; experience with video editing software such as Final Cut Pro X.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, bend, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds (safety/weight belt provided, if requested). Specific vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The work environment is a typical climate controlled office environment and the noise is usually moderate.
$60,000-$75.000 plus benefits
The JCC is an equal opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental handicap, or veteran status.
Since 1973, The Roth Family Jewish Community Center of Greater Orlando in Maitland has been the center of Jewish life in Central Florida and home to award-winning preschool, after school, summer camp, fitness, sports, arts and community programs.