Applicant Log-In | Employer Log-In

Find a Career at a JCC Now!

Enter Keyword(s):
Select a State:
Select a Region:
Select a Category:
Back To Search Results

Location and Job Title:

Assistant Swim Coach
Levite JCC
3960 Montclair Rd
Birmingham, AL 35213

Principal Responsibilities:

Under the direction of the Head Swim Coach, the Assistant Swim Coach, assists in developing, organizing and implementing the LJCC Swim Team.

Minimum Qualifications:

  • Provides competitive swimming instruction to swim team members in Novice to Age group swimming groups
  • Organizes and conducts team workouts
  • Works effectively with other coaches as assigned
  • Provides motivation support and guidance
  • Works hand in hand with the Head Coach
  • Attends swim meets and swim team functions agreed upon with the Head Coach

Qualifications

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:

  • Must be at least 18 years of age.
  • Must be CPR certified or willing to get certified.
  • Minimum one year coaching experience.

REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE:

  • Competitive swimming.
  • Instruction of amateur swimmers

PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Standing: while coaching Walking: while coaching Reaching: to demonstrate to swimmers or get supplies Pulling: to get equipment Stooping: to talk to swimmers Crouching: to critique swimmers Seeing: to view swimmers strokes Talking: to communicate corrections to swimmers Swimming: be able to get into the pool to demonstrate proper stroke techniques while coaching

COGNITIVE CONSIDERATIONS: Must be able to follow directions and communicate in English verbally.

Must be able to read, write, and understand materials printed in English. Must possess good problem solving skills and have the capability to act rationally and calmly in all situations.

HOURS The hours will vary based on practice and meet times.

Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. This job description is to be used as a guideline to describe the current functions and requirements of the position. The job description may change at any time based on business needs and/or job reorganization.

We are an equal opportunity employer. As such, employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications and abilities.

Salary:

Under 25,000

Agency Information:

LJCC Identity Statement

Through the lens of Jewish identity and values, the Levite Jewish Community Center provides a welcoming, family-oriented gathering place for a diverse membership to engage in a meaningful experience of the mind, body and soul.

LJCC Vision Statement

The Levite Jewish Community Center will be recognized as a model for member-centered, high quality Jewish programming, education and recreation. We will be known for superior facilities and visionary leadership through financial sustainability and community outreach.

LJCC Core Values

We cultivate memorable life experiences and meaningful relationships We pursue collaboration within the Jewish and broader communities We empower individuals to learn and understand Jewish values

We provide a welcoming and open environment We embrace and celebrate diversity

We encourage wellness of the mind, body and soul

We connect our community to the people of the State of Israel

General Summary

The LJCC is the only Jewish community center in the state of Alabama, drawing an estimated 10,000 individuals annually of all races, ethnicities, and faiths at all stages of life to our 380,657 sq. foot fitness, aquatics, and education center. 30% of our membership identifies as Jewish while the remaining 70% includes members of all faiths.

Our mission is to offer opportunities for those in the greater Birmingham community to be well--in mind, body, and soul--in an inclusive, safe, and enriching environment. Our traditional fitness services include personal training, fitness classes, and sports leagues. We also provide year-round programming for children and families including high quality preschool through our Cohn Early Childhood Learning Center, summer Camp LJCC for K-8th graders, and youth sports. Special events, like Thursday Family Fun nights at the outdoor pool, a Jewish Food and Culture Fest, and our annual Thanksgiving Day Sam Lapidus Montclair 5k and 10k runs, are open to the public. Partnerships with area organizations enable us to offer direct crisis-relief services, including emergency shelter and food distribution, on an as-needed basis. We are a United Way organization and receive support through the Birmingham Jewish Federation.