Location and Job Title:
Hebrew Speaking Marketing & Design Freelance
Kaplen JCC on the Palisades
411 E. Clinton Ave.
Tenafly, NJ 07670
The Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is looking for a Part Time Marketing and Graphic Designer who is fluent in English and Hebrew. We are an exciting, supportive, fast paced environment, the marketer develops, and coordinates all design tactics on specific accounts.
- Draft mockups of website designs, brochures, iconography, and any other marketing materials required.
- Collaborate with marketing teams and management to discuss which mockups are effective and use their feedback to develop final drafts.
- Revise the work of previous designers to create a unified aesthetic for our brand materials.
- Work on multiple projects at once, and consistently meet draft deadlines.
- Communicate frequently with clients to update them on the progress of the project and to answer any questions they might have.
- Understand budgets and be able to come up with new ideas.
- Other duties as requested.
To be successful in this strategic role, the designer must have:
- 4+ years of professional experience as a designer.
- Sophisticated and highly developed design aesthetic, as demonstrated by a portfolio.
- Proficiency with CS5 design applications (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat).
- Ability to multi-task, juggle multiple projects at once, prioritize and complete projects within deadline.
- Creative and effective thinking with ability to think outside-the-box, while at the same time maintaining acceptable corporate standards and sensibilities.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Team player, de-sensitized to design critique and able to take feedback from multiple sources and incorporate it into cohesive designs that do not lose focus.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively present conceptual ideas to team members.
- Attention to detail without getting stuck in or derailed by details.
- Ability to design in multiple "voices" for different clients and brands.
- Self-motivated, self-managed, and able to take the ball and run with it.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent with emphasis on graphic design or marketing. 4+ years of professional design experience required. Agency/consulting background is a plus. Portfolio required for consideration.
Pay: $35.00 - $43.00 per hour
More than 1 year
10 hours a week
Kaplen JCC On The Palisades is a welcoming home away from home for all who pass through its front doors. Our 185,000 square foot building plus acres of outside grounds feature 2 fitness centers, an indoor and outdoor aquatics center, group exercise, spin and pilates studios, 2 gymnasiums, tennis and racquet courts, indoor track, a luxurious spa, multiple playgrounds and fields and so much more. The JCC is home to the renowned Thurnauer School of Music, Leonard and Syril Rubin Nursery School, Neil Klatskin Day Camp, and the JCC Dance and Drama Schools. The JCC is also proud to offer extensive, high quality programs and services to adults of all ages, as well as to seniors and individuals with special needs.
Our vision is to be the center point of Jewish life in our community and to engage all generations in our mission and values.
Deeply rooted in Jewish values and tradition, the Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is a vibrant home for the Jewish People that welcomes all and cultivates the social, intellectual, physical and spiritual well-being of the entire community.
We are committed to demonstrating the following values and ask respect for these values from those with whom we interact:
CONNECTION TO JUDAISM AND ISRAEL
TIKKUN OLAM (repairing the world)