Location and Job Title:
Outdoor Adventure Coordinator, Camp Chi
300 Revere Drive
Northbrook, IL 60062
Here for summer. Home for life. Each and every summer, the magic happens for over 1,200 campers. Camp Chi's 600 acres become a place where the shy walk away from their shadows. The cool learn to be warm. The uncertain seize adventure. And strangers become lifelong friends.
For nearly a century - Camp Chi has transformed children's summers. We unplug them from the stress and technology of their daily lives and plug them into life-changing moments. A soccer player takes the stage. An artist reaches the high ropes. Everyone becomes fluent in kindness and friendship. And the camp becomes a community as they celebrate Shabbat and discover the spirit of Israel has a home in Lake Delton, Wisconsin.
The Outdoor Adventure Coordinator works with the JCC Camp Chi management team in creating the vision for and the development and implementation of the Outpost Village Program, Camp Chi's new outdoor adventure specialty camp, as well as the Pacific Northwest (PNW) Outdoor Adventure Trip. The Coordinator is also responsible for the overall Outdoor Adventure program and specialists that run overnight camping trips for other Camp Chi Villages. Under the oversight of the Camp Chi Associate Director, the Coordinator will develop and implement year-round marketing strategies with an emphasis on Social Media and electronic communication with campers and staff.
- Bachelor's degree in Social Work, Recreation, Marketing, Education, or related field
- Previous experience working in a camping or outdoor centered environment required; resident camping experience preferred.
- Experience working with school age kids and teens.
- Experience developing and implementing new programs helpful.
- Strong customer service background preferred.
- Experience working with/on social media for an organization preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate and lead with JCC Chicago's Four Core Values: Self-Leadership and Accountability, Creativity and Innovation, Teamwork and Collaboration, and Customer Service.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of Judaica with a familiarity and comfort level in working with a diverse Jewish community.
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required with the ability to learn other software packages as needed; experience with CampMinder helpful.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented with the ability to problem solve quickly and effectively.
- Ability to work independently yet have the ability and enthusiasm for fostering a strong team environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various JCC Chicago locations and be at Camp Chi for the summer.
- Must have reliable transportation, valid driver's license for at least 24 months, proof of auto insurance (with a minimum $250,000 liability).
45,000 - 55,000
Our GPS is set to J.
We are a collaborative, dynamic, forward-looking team whose passion has a purpose.
With Jewish values as our compass, we are moving JCC Chicago in new exciting directions that will strengthen our Jewish community, enrich generations, nurture friendships, respect traditions and bring out the best in very life we touch.
Led by our dynamic and forward-thinking Executive Team, JCC Chicago enriches lives and builds community through vibrant, meaningful experiences.We are a collaborative, dynamic, forward-looking team whose passion has a purpose.With Jewish values as our compass, we are moving JCC Chicago in new exciting directions that will strengthen our Jewish community, enrich generations, nurture friendships, respect traditions and bring out the best in every life we touch.
JCC Chicago is the largest JCC system in North America, with more than 800 staff in over 15 diverse locations across the metropolitan area.Our core program offerings include Early Childhood Education, Children and Family Engagement Programs, J at School, Sports & Recreation, Aquatics, Arts & Ideas, Day Camps and Overnight Camp.