Location and Job Title:
Program Coordinator, Learn & Earn Program
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
our framework of a holistic, strength-focused, and family-supported practice,
an individual hired as Program Coordinator, Learn & Earn in the High School
and College Success division and will report directly to the Senior Director of
High School and College Success. Office will be based in the Queens High School
of Teaching, Bellerose, Queens.
Education & Qualifications
- Master's Degree in Psychology, Child Development, Social Work, or related course of study required.
- At least two (2) years' experience working with adolescents in an urban environment providing services that reduce barriers and facilitate educational success and social emotional wellbeing.
- At least two (2) years' experience providing outcomes oriented supervision and professional development to a team of youth development specialists.
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong rapport with an urban adolescent population and their families.
- Familiarity with various test prep and social emotional learning curricula.
- Familiarity with NYS high school graduation requirements and experience with the college application and financial aid application processes.
- Ability to travel to multiple locations required.
- Promote and implement the Core Values of the agency.
- Participation in all staff meetings and staff training seminars.
- Participation in agency-wide programs and program committees, as assigned.
- Active involvement, as a supervisee, in the supervision process.
- Support the mission of Commonpoint Queens.
- Other tasks appropriate to Commonpoint Queens staff, as assigned.
- Establish a rapport with all program participants. Assist them in identifying their educational and career goals; help them to formulate future plans.
- Implement and conduct weekly workshops on work readiness, career development, life skills, service learning and student enrichment.
- Recruit students; and conduct intake assessments and interviews. Inclusive of completing the enrollment process in the Federal Government's Capricorn System in a timely manner (September deadline) and preparation for DYCD Validation.
- Monitor the attendance, academic, and career progress of program participants.
- Provide and structure a comprehensive interpersonal group and individual counseling program to meet the varying needs of students.
- Work in a collaborative team, including participation in staff meetings, contractor meetings, and staff development in order to support student progress.
- Monitor and document student progress in various service areas (guidance and counseling, academic support, life skills, work readiness).
- Conduct daily attendance and participation outreach, including home visits if necessary.
- Participate in ongoing (monthly) professional case conferences, schedule site-based trainings as well as staff meetings, with agendas and attendance sheets.
- Responsible for cultivating competitive Summer Internship Program placements for contract cohort that aligns with identified career goals and objectives.
- Monitor the completion and submission of monthly case notes on the tenth (10th) of the month for previous month for current and exit participants.
- Submission of contractual milestones including: Measurable Skills Gain, Attainment of HS Diploma, Q2 and Q4 outcomes.
- Partnering to support and ensure success of all Commonpoint Queens programming on-site at the Queens High School of Teaching.
- Coordinating Commonpoint Queens services on-site at the Queens High School of Teaching in absence of the Senior Director.
- Task Supervision and mentorship for Social Work Interns within the Learn & Earn Program.
- Conduct regular visits to sites to provide participant support and to keep track of engagement.
- Provide necessary referrals and connections to community resources.
General Tasks of All Commonpoint Queens Staff
Commonpoint Queens reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Commonpoint Queens is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume, as a Word or PDF document only. Please indicate "Program Coordinator, Learn & Earn Program" in the subject line. Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
45,000 - 55,000
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.