Location and Job Title:
Chief Executive Officer
Staenberg-Loup Jewish Community Center
350 South Dahlia Street
Denver, CO 80246
Please follow this link to access the position overview and requirements: https://www.jccdenver.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/...
Basic qualifications are required to be considered a candidate for the role.
- Strong understanding, appreciation and passion for the mission and values of the Staenberg Loup JCC
- Proven experience in leading complex organizations, producing financial results, delivering high quality customer service, and building highly effective, professional, diverse teams
- Strong track record of organization development and growth
- Skills in managing through unexpected changes in circumstances and navigating through challenges successfully
- Proven ability to drive change, innovation, and results
- Demonstrated high levels of EQ and proven ability to build a mutually supportive, empathetic, service-delivery team.
- Knowledge of successful fundraising practices and techniques
- Bachelor's degree and/or 8+ years of senior management experience in corporate, public service, and/or nonprofit organizations
Preferred qualifications are additional "nice to haves"
- Master's degree or other advanced degree
- Understanding of nonprofit corporate governance structures and how to work with a volunteer board
- Experience in one of the JCC service lines: fitness, youth education and development, culture and arts, Jewish heritage, or early childhood care and education would be helpful
- Knowledge of effective facility operations and maintenance
- Knowledge of Jewish community and its institutions
Chief Executive Officer
Finalized: 31 May 2021 5
This full-time position is benefits-eligible. The JCC contributes a portion of medical, dental and vision plan premiums and pays for Basic Life Insurance & AD&D, Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability. There are additional voluntary benefit plans available. The JCC has a 401(K) Plan available for elective deferral contributions for employees over 21 years of age, with no waiting period. Paid Time Off is a day-one benefit, accrued based on years of service and in compliance with the Colorado Healthy Families & Workplaces Act.
Physical Demands and Working Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met and encountered by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. The position requires the candidate to remain in a sitting position for prolonged hours in an office environment. While performing duties, the candidate is occasionally required to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Candidate must occasionally lift and or/move up to fifteen (15) pounds. Working conditions may include being in an open (shared) cubicle or workspace.
For nearly 100 years, Denver's Jewish Community Center (the "JCC") has strived to build a community where everyone belongs. The center was founded in 1922 as a place of refuge for the Jewish people of Denver, where they could safely gather under one roof to celebrate their cultural heritage.
Since then, the JCC has evolved into something more - more than a single building, more than just a gathering place, and more than individual departments and programs. Today, the JCC is an inclusive community that extends beyond its walls in which they do business. Today, the doors are open to anyone who wants to celebrate life and be a part of something more.
The JCC community is able to take advantage of a rich variety of programming that includes day and overnight camps, arts and culture programs, the early learning school, fitness and aquatics, and tennis.