Location and Job Title:
Director of Development
Lawrence Family JCC of San Diego County- Jacobs Family Campus
4126 Executive Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Development is responsible for creating strategy, organizing, and directing all of the LFJCC & CJC's fundraising and development functions, including major gifts, annual giving, planned giving, special events and capital/comprehensive campaigns. This is a senior position that manages a $3.5 million annual portfolio with a team of 4 professional staff. Strengths in supervising, relationship building and interpersonal skills are of critical importance. The organization is in the midst of a major comprehensive campaign, and the Director of Development will be looked to for leadership and innovation with this project, as well as new opportunities and existing practices.
SALARY/STATUS: Salary commensurate with experience / Full-Time, Exempt
- Bachelor's degree in Communications, Marketing, Business Administration, or other related field is required, Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience leading fundraising/development efforts in a non-profit setting.
- Proven successful track record in seeking, preparing, securing and monitoring grant proposals.
- Knowledge of Jewish culture and traditions.
- Deep appreciation and understanding of the LFJCC's mission and the ability to articulate its values and vision internally and externally.
- Proven budget management skills including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting.
- Excellent managerial skills including at least 5 years of previous experience successfully managing development staff.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong leadership and organization skills, attention to detail, and good judgement.
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite, Google suite, and ability to learn software systems with minimal supervision. Past experience in Tessitura, Greater Giving and/or Wealth Engine a plus.
- Frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Occasionally required to lift, pull, climb, kneel, and bend.
- Regularly required to communicate.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to do light lifting (maximum 25 lbs. - e.g. box of copy paper) as needed is required.
HOW TO APPLY: If interested in the position, please reply with your cover letter, resume, and writing sample (grant proposal, individual ask, etc). NO PHONE CALLS
MORE DETAILS: Full-time positions are eligible for a wide variety of benefits that include:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Holidays
- 403(b) Retirement Plan Contributions
- FREE JCC Annual Family Membership
The mission of the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS is to provide social, cultural, educational, and recreational programs to individuals and families of all ages, religions, races, financial abilities, and physical and mental abilities. Likewise, the JCC provides equal opportunity employment to individuals of all religions and backgrounds. The JCC welcomes San Diego's diverse Jewish community and the community at large.