Location and Job Title:
Part-time ECE Childcare Workers
Arthur M. Glick JCC of Indianapolis
6701 Hoover Rd
Indianapolis, IN 46260
The JCC is committed to providing a warm, nurturing, stimulating and safe environment for the children in our licensed Early Childhood Education Center. The Childcare Worker may work with children age 1-5 and provide a loving and nurturing environment and implement activities which promote stimulation, learning and fun.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain an orderly and safe classroom environment;
- Ability to work with children 1 to 5 years old;
- Must be dependable and energetic;
- Must be able to take initiative in classroom;
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision;
- Must enjoy singing, playing outside, doing arts & crafts;
- Will organize and participate in recreational activities;
- Will assist in preparing and serving food and refreshments to children and regulate rest periods;
- Will assist full-time staff with both long and short range activities in accordance with curriculum objectives, developmentally appropriate practice and program philosophy;
- Must abide by all compliance guidelines as determined by State licensing agency;
- Maintain confidentiality of pertinent information;
- Supervise and conducting activities with the children;
- Assist children with snacks and bathroom needs;
- Communicate with co-workers and/or parents.
- Must be at least 18 years of age;
- Minimum of 1 year of childcare experience.
- Knowledge of child development and/or early childhood education;
- Ability to interact with children and remain calm;
- Knowledge of general safety rules and basic first aid;
- Ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Good communication skills;
- Ability to work effectively in teams and individually;
- Ability to always exhibit good judgment, maturity and stability.
- The work environment is usually fast paced and the position requires high mobility, standing walking, bending and sitting. Must be able to lift and carry young children up to 40 pounds.
What makes working with young children so rewarding?
- You are the witness of so many wonderful 'firsts.'
- You get to be a part of the messy, amazing learning process.
- You see so many smiles. Everyday.
- You are a crucial part of each child's development.
- You are example of love in its truest form.If doing such impactful work with a team of like-minded professionals appeals to you then YOU belong at the JCC!
The JCC has openings for part-time staff in our licensed, Paths to Quality Level 3 childcare center. Our school focuses on developing social, emotional, physical, and cognitive skills for life so that each child in our program will be well prepared socially and academically for the years ahead. The ECE prides itself on being a second home to the children and families they serve, and a community of ECE professionals.
As a staff member at the JCC, you become a part of 100 years of serving the Indianapolis community through recreational, social, and educational programming. Extend your classroom environment by taking advantage of our 40-acre campus that includes several courtyards, woods, nature trails, an art gallery as well as inter-generational programming with the residents of Hooverwood. The ECE program provides a specialty curriculum in swimming that takes place in our indoor therapy pool and outside waterpark during the summer months. The JCC embodies a holistic approach of wellness- optimal healthy living for the mind, body and spirit not only for our members, but for the staff who serve the children and families of the Early Childhood Education program.