Location and Job Title:
Summer Camp Sports and Games Specialist, Camp Raanana
Jewish Community Center of Greater Ann Arbor
2935 Birch Hollow Drive
Ann Arbor, MI 48108
At Camp Raanana, we look for bright, fun, enthusiastic, and
hard-working staff who have a passion for working with kids and a love of the
outdoors. We are a Jewish day camp operated out of the Jewish Community Center
of Greater Ann Arbor. Camp Raanana has all the overnight feels in a day camp-
from archery to sports to nature to swimming in the lake to art and so much
- Desire and attitude to work with children in both small group and large group setting
- Prior experience in activity area; preferably in a teaching or leadership role
- Ability to accept guidance, constructive feedback, and support
- Ability to assist in teaching activities and running programs
- Willingness and ability to take full responsibility for safety and security of campers
- Ability to communicate with, relate to, and serve as an example to all campers
- Proven management, good communication and organizational skills, and the ability to be creative and take direction/instruction
- Ability to pass a background check
- 18+ with High School diploma or equivalent
Sports and Games Responsibilities
- Plan, supervise, and implement sports activities and games for campers Grades K - 8.
- Organize and maintain all camp sports supplies.
- Insure that all campers and staff are participating safely in sports and games.
- Serve as a resource to staff wishing to infuse sports or games into programming.
- Work collaboratively with other staff to plan camp-wide programs and activities.
- Act as extra supervision if needed, etc.
Camp Raanana is operated out of the Jewish Community Center of Greater Ann Arbor.