Location and Job Title:
Human Resources Assistant, Immediate Start
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
An individual hired as the Human Resources Assistant will report directly to the VP of Human Resources.This dynamic individual will provide exceptional customer service while ensuring compliance for all staff. He/She will have the ability to establish positive, productive relationships with a broad range of constituencies including candidates for hire, agency staff and external governmental agency staff.He/She will have the ability to establish processes, maintain order and prioritize tasks or projects in a fast-paced, compliance oriented environment. He/She will recommend and process improvements, innovative solutions, and/or policy changes to enhance HR effectiveness.
The candidate must have the ability to navigate through relationships with C-Suite Staff. Must be organized, self-starter, problem-solver, resourceful. Demonstrate professionalism and high level of confidentiality with the ability to handle such discreetly. Must have excellent follow up skills and attention to detail.Ability to supervise staff and delegate tasks.Comfortable in a fast paced environment.
Position is primarily located at the Samuel Field Location in Little Neck, NY (Queens)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and maintain knowledge of pertinent federal and state regulations, compliance requirements associated with Verify - USCIS (I9 forms) as well as DOH, DCJS, DOE, DOI, DYCD, OMH and OPWDD.
- Assist with clearing process associated with fingerprinting, national and NYS criminal background, NYS-OCFS, NYS-SOR, Pennsylvania Report of Criminal History (PSP) FBI Fingerprinting based on (PSP) and Child Abuse History Clearance from Pennsylvania Department of Human Services.
- Coordinate Onboarding Process
- Manage Job Postings
- Participate to the new hire process by administering orientation, entering new hires into ADP, file maintenance, etc.
- Assist with processing changes; rate changes, terminations, allocation changes, address, direct deposit, etc.,
- Process required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Perform customer service functions by; answering employee requests/questions and responding to request from outside vendors.
- Facilitate: Meet and Greet w/CEO, HR Taskforce Events, Employee File Audit
- .Maintain confidentiality of information. Take steps to ensure documents, files and information are kept secure and employee related information is not shared outside of a "business need" context."
- Maintain HR Bulletin Boards and ensure all facilities have current compliance posters and Manage HR Communications (e.g. how to's digital and print)
- Assist in providing auditors with required documentation.
- Troubleshoot inquires...must be resourceful
- Ability to travel to multiple sites within the agency.
- Other tasks appropriate to Commonpoint Queens as assigned.
General Tasks of All Commonpoint Queens Staff
- Promote and implement the Core Values of the Agency.
- Participation in all staff meetings and staff training seminars.
- Participation in agency-wide programs and program committees, as assigned.
- Support the mission of Commonpoint Queens.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Non Profit Experience helpful!
- Associates degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years Human Resources experience.
- Payroll Experience Helpful
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Google Suite/ Google Docs
- Knowledge of ADP WorkForce Now preferred
- Must observe complete confidentiality regarding personal employee and client information.
- Exceptional organization skills, with a knack for juggling multiple priorities and a strong attention to detail
- The ability to stay focused while handling repetitive tasks
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently, accurately and meet deadlines
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.