Location and Job Title:
Program Associate, JCC Maccabi
520 8th Ave
New York, NY 10018
JCC Maccabi is a signature program of JCC Association. Established in 1982, the JCC Maccabi Games have brought more than 140,000 Jewish teens and more than 500,000 host families, volunteers, and spectators together annually for a week of Olympic style events in host communities throughout North America. The program connects teens, JCCs, and communities across North America and around the world, providing opportunities for participants to explore their Jewish identities; develop lasting memories, friendships, and connections; and make a difference in the Jewish world of today and of the future.
Currently, JCC Maccabi is implementing a dynamic new strategy to significantly expand its reach and deepen its impact over the next five years. The strategys components include a diversified and expanded program portfolio, greater fundraising achievement, and alliances with partners who can create engagement opportunities beyond the North American summer Games. At the heart of this strategy is a plan to introduce The JCC Maccabi Quadrennial Games in Israel, which, in partnership with RootOne, will bring 1,000 teens to Israel in 2023.
JCC Association seeks an enthusiastic and dynamic professional to serve as program associate on the JCC Maccabi team. Under the supervision of the deputy director, JCC Maccabi, this full-time position provides high level administrative, operational, and organizational support to the JCC Maccabi program.
Successful candidates are dedicated and competent professionals; possess strong verbal and written communication skills; are highly organized, detail oriented, hardworking; and capable of tackling multiple projects at a time; Candidates should be comfortable in customer/stakeholder-facing roles, enjoy providing behind-the-scenes support, and performing digital and data management work. Candidates also must work well independently and thrive as a committed member of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism and integrity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Administrative and Operational Program Support
- Provide administrative, clerical, and program support for JCC Maccabi
- Prepare, draft, edit, and distribute correspondence, presentations, and spreadsheets
- Schedule and organize meetings and other departmental activities, domestic and international travel, hotel reservations, and conferences
- Process expense reports and departmental invoices in an accurate and timely manner and according to established accounting procedures
- Provide data entry and management support for event registration, invoicing, and alumni and program records.
- Act as administrative liaison with JCCs, JCC Association departments, and outside agencies for matters related to the JCC Maccabi program
- Work independently and within a team on one-time and ongoing projects, development, and coordination
- Provide program and administrative support for JTeam delegation building, registration, and RootOne grant management and compliance for the 2023 JCC Maccabi Games in Israel
Marketing and Communications
- Liaise with JCC Associations Marketing and Communications team to ensure creation and fulfillment of all marketing deliverables in support of the JCC Maccabi program, including digital marketing materials, digital platform design and updates (website, social media platforms, event app), program signage/banners, promotional items and swag, awards, medals, and other program supplies
- Manage JCC Maccabi social media strategy and platforms
- Identify, generate content for, and manage digital marketing for website and social media platforms
- Identify and coordinate opportunities for engagement with teens to build JCC Maccabi brand through digital platforms
At the Games
- During the week(s) of JCC Maccabi, provide on-the-ground support to the host community and delegation and JCC Maccabi staff teams in these and other areas: Maccabi central, registration, score reporting, host family/volunteer/spectator customer service and support, data management, and communications (social media, website, app, and others as required)
- This position is based in New York City with the expectation of a combination of office and remote work
- Limited travel required from September-June
- Extensive travel required during the summer (July-August)
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without holding a visa or sponsorship is required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
JCC Association offers a competitive salary and benefits package including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Eight paid legal holidays and up to 13 paid Jewish holidays. In addition, the office closes early for Shabbat and on the eve of three Jewish holidays
- Paid vacation
- Sick leave, family leave, medical leave, jury duty leave, and bereavement leave
- Flexible benefit plan
- Pre-tax salary deductions for transit
- Short- and long-term disability
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance, supplemental life insurance
- Retirement plan
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates can submit a cover letter and resume to Irina Khomina, Human Resources Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- College graduate
- Familiarity with nonprofits, the North American Jewish community, JCC Maccabi and/or the JCC Movement is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills and a positive, can-do attitude
- Fluent in English with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with CRMs/databases, survey software, social media platforms, and basic website design tools
$45,000 - $55,000
JCC Association of North America leads and connects the JCC Movement, advancing and enriching North American Jewish life. With 1.5 million people walking through the doors of more than 170 Jewish Community Centers and Jewish Community Camps (JCCs) each week, the JCC Movement is the largest platform for Jewish engagement on the continent. JCC Association, the convening organization of this dynamic network, partners with JCCs to bring together the collective power and knowledge of the entire JCC Movement, including 12,000 full-time and 41,000 part-time and seasonal professionals. By supporting them, together we enhance and strengthen Jewish life throughout North America. Learn more at JCCA.org or on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter..