Location and Job Title:
Full Time Assistant Swim Coach, Karishim Swim Club (KASC), Newton, MA
JCC Greater Boston
333 Nahanton St
Newton, MA 02459
Are you a dynamic team player and coach? JCC Greater Boston in Newton, MA is looking for a Full Time Assistant Swim Coach for its Karishim Swim Club (KASC).This newly created role will be a key part of the JCC Greater Boston community, ensuring program excellence and fostering program growth. JCC Greater Boston is a dynamic, friendly place to work where there is a strong sense of teamwork and of doing work which makes a difference.
The JCC is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. We welcome staff and participants from diverse backgrounds. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs or background. We are guided by JCC Greater Boston core values - Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation - which resonate with many who do not identify as Jewish.
- Prepare practices on a weekly basis based on phase of training and swimmers' needs/ability
- Maintain a focus on technique, skill development and athlete development
- Work closely with the Aquatics staff and other coaches to promote the club as a whole
- Participate in weekend swim meets as required
- Attend all coach's meetings (approximately 4-5 per year)
- Help determine swimmers' events for meet entries
- Coordinate training methodologies, drills and practice group goals with Head Coach
- Recruitment, retention and athletic development plans for new athletes
- Open communication with parents to ensure education and communication on all aspects of long term athletic development
- Develop roles and responsibilities of parents, swimmers and coaches as well as individual athletic plans
- Maintain good membership standing with USA Swimming and New England Swimming
- Assist Head Coach with overflow of administrative tasks
- Teach supplemental private lessons to swim team members as needed
- Support JCC Greater Boston's mission, values and strategic goals
- Participate in all staff meetings and contribute to overall organizational success
In addition to a rewarding position where you care for a community, the JCC Greater Boston provides excellent benefits including:
- Competitive salary
- Health care benefits
- Outstanding working environment including free parking
- Complimentary access to the JCC Greater Boston facility in Newton - offering indoor swimming, classes and workout facilities
JCC Greater Boston welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds who meet the requirements specified above. If you want to share your talents with a wonderful community and a great team, please send a cover letter and your resume to Head Coach Lauren Gale at firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the KASC family!
- USA Swimming Coaches Certification or ability to obtain coaches certification within first 14 days of hire
- Able to exhibit strong effective teaching/communication skills
- Knowledgeable of stroke and skill techniques
- Knowledgeable of season/workout planning and dryland training/technique
- Lifeguard, CPR/AED, First Aid certification (preferred)
- JCC Greater Boston requires that new employees be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 at time of hire. The JCC will consider requests for medical or religious exemption that do not pose undue hardship or a direct threat to health or safety.
- Prior coaching experience with athletes of all ages
- ASCA certification (preferred)
- capable of working in a high temperature and high humidity environment for extended periods while wearing required personal protective equipment
- individual will need to demonstrate ability to effectively communicate with community members and coworkers in person, over email and on the phone
45,000 - 55,000
The JCC Greater Boston values include: Belonging, Joyfulness, Collaboration and Transformation. The agency provides a variety of programs and services to children and adults in the Greater Boston Jewish community including: Early Learning Centers, summer camps, health and wellness programs, family engagement programs and cultural activities. The JCC is deeply committed to valuing and celebrating the uniqueness of each constituent. While being proudly Jewish, we strive in every way to provide an open and welcoming setting for all, irrespective of personal practices, beliefs or background.
Our vision is to create a vibrant and evolving Jewish community where everyone belongs. Our mission is to be at the heart of that community by:
- creating a thriving community that nurtures meaningful and lasting relationships,
- welcoming a growing and increasingly diverse set of individuals and families from all over Greater Boston,
- supporting the building of unique identities rooted in Jewish values and deeper connections to Jewish life,
- nourishing minds, bodies, and spirits through dynamic, innovative, and accessible experiences, and
- expanding engagement by partnering closely with other organizations to ensure the continuing vitality of our community as whole.
COVID SAFETYJCC Greater Boston takes the welfare and safety of staff and children very seriously. Over 93% of our staff have been vaccinated. We have aligned all of our operating procedures with guidance from the CDC, DEEC (Department of Early Education and Care) and the local and state Departments of Public Health. Our practices include ensuring proper physical distancing, sanitation, hygiene, and use of face coverings to promote the health of our staff and program participants.