Location and Job Title:
Director of Day Camp and Teen Services
Shorefront YM-YWHA of Brighton Manhattan Beach
3300 Coney Island Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11235
As Director of Day Camp and Teen Services you will be responsible for the development, implementation, oversight and administration of the Shorefront Y Day Camp, year round camp experiences as well as youth and teens programming.
Our ideal candidate:
- Is empowered by having creative freedom to set a vision and bring it to life
- Has exceptional interpersonal and team building skills, including the ability to inspire and develop young staff members
- Able to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse group that includes staff, parents, youth and the community
- Passionate for Jewish camping
- Has a great sense of humor, high energy/enthusiasm and a love of working with children
- Lead the camp team in designing, delivering and evaluating camp programs to ensure that they meet and exceed the needs and interests of the campers
- Implement best practices in staff recruitment, management and development
- Work with management and marketing team to implement a successful marketing plan to reach goals of camper enrollment
- Develop and manage the program budget
- Supervise daily operations of camp, including administration, camper care, staff supervision and food service
- Maintain awareness, knowledge and understanding of current social trends, including Jewish camping, child development, social media and customer service
- Represent our organization at camp fairs and conferences
Teen Program Responsibilities:
Supervisory and strategic role working with a teen program coordinator who will be responsible for day-to-day teen program including the following:
- Development and implementation of teen recruitment/retention strategy
- Planning, organizing, and implementing educational, recreational and social action programs for teens
- Implement teen leadership opportunities and develop a pipeline of camp staff.
- Function as a leader and role model for youth in the community
- College Degree Required
- 3+ years of experience in camp management
- Extensive administration and planning skills, budget management as well as strong proficiency with camp management software
The Shorefront Y Day Camp, located at the Brighton Beach Boardwalk in Brooklyn, NY provides the perfect backdrop for 250-300 campers to enjoy the ocean, learn new skills, make new friends and explore other personal interests. To learn more about the Shorefront Y, please visit www.shorefronty.org.
Shorefront YM-YWHA is an equal opportunity employer. Shorefront YM-YWHA does not discriminate in employment on account of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, age, sex (including sexual harassment), sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, military status or unfavorable discharge from military service.