Location and Job Title:
Fitness Receptionist/Manager on Duty (MOD)
Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan
334 Amsterdam Ave
New York, NY 10023
A JCC MOD must act as a supervisor during their shift.
MOD Shift Hours - Applicants must be able to work the following days/times:
Monday - Thursday: 2pm-10pm
JCC BUILDING HOURS: Monday-Friday 6am-10pm / Saturday & Sundays 7am-9pm
1. Customer/Member Service & Facilities:
- Warmly greet members and guests as they arrive and depart the fitness center, using names when possible.
- Check members & guests into the facilities and classes.
- Provide information/answer questions in a clear and friendly manner.
- Handle complaints and concerns in a timely or immediate fashion when possible.
- Verify account status. Notify members, record any problems with their account, and offer to help resolve issues.
- Monitor equipment and report repairs. Have a basic knowledge of how each piece of equipment operates.
- Follow established procedures for collecting money and preparing receipts.
- Distribute towels, locker keys, and vanity products. Inspect locker rooms periodically (5th floor fitness reception)
- Monitor lost and found items.
- Adhere to safety policies/procedures.
- Respond immediately to all emergency situations in the building by calling security. In case of an emergency, MODs will need to document the incident, obtain pertinent information, and follow up with management/security.
- Remain aware of potential hazards or unsafe conditions and report them to management, facilities, and maintenance immediately.
- Perform administrative duties including sending and receiving daily emails, computer entry, photocopying, printing, creating posters, etc.
- Adhere to all dress code regulations.
- Check inventory and maintain all saleable front desk items.
- Be familiar with and enforce member service standards.
- Exhibit awareness of and enthusiasm for all programs offered by the Club.
- Assist with special projects, events, and promotions as needed.
- Attend all meetings and training sessions as required.
ADDITIONAL MEMBERSHIP DUTIES:
- When Membership is off-site, MODs are required to assist with potential member tours. This includes: contacting the potential member to confirm their appointment, sending the health declaration in advance, providing a friendly tour of the 4th, 5th, and 6th floors, and sending follow up notes to Membership.
- Take attendance for all group fitness classes, confirming that all registrants are current fitness center members. If non-fitness members, a class card or payment is required.
- Schedule massage, private training, assessments and wellness coaching. appointments. Make sure the member or guest has purchased a session or package before scheduling the appointment.
- Working New Year's Day at our annual Fitness festival is mandatory.
COVID POLICIES/ HEALTH & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
- Will be subject to daily temperature checks, health declarations, and attendance logging.
- Will be required to wear masks at all times while working on the premises and have the option of wearing gloves or other personal PPE.
- Will adhere to social distancing guidelines and model the highest standards of safety for fellow staff and members.
- Breaks, lunches, and food consumption must take place away from the 4th floor fitness area, 5th floor desk, and lobby check-in.
- Any COVID symptoms should be reported to a supervisor immediately and the best practices recommended by the CDC should be followed.
- Must ensure that members are complying with all health & safety protocols such as hand-washing, hand-sanitizing, social distancing, & wiping down equipment.
- Responding to issues around health & safety measures and engaging supervisor support or Security when necessary to de-escalate any situation.
- Keeping supervisors informed of any health & safety issues, reports of ill members, reports of Covid being reported to JCC in person, email or phone.
- Staying informed of all JCC facility regulations and closures and able to rotate through any Health Club floor or position
- Specific floor location duties:
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS AS THE JCC REOPENS (Summer/Fall):JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Lobby - conduct temperature checks and facilitate contactless check-in, serving as a directional/wayfinding ambassador to manage entry and exit traffic (ex: standing by elevators to ensure social distancing and direct unidirectional traffic), supporting member experience of MINDBODY online reservationsand smooth JCC entry/exit and use of facility during reservation slot.
- 4th floor fitness center - attending to signage, machines, equipment so that members are aware of what's in use, what's dirty, what's clean, regular ongoing cleaning (wiping, spraying, disinfecting) of all areas, and wiping down machines after member use (even if member has done it)
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Experience in a similar environment is preferred.
- Current CPR certification
- Computer literacy: Word, Excel and willing to learn other computer programs as required by job. Mindbody knowledge is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and member service skills.
- At ease with a variety of physical activities, including lifting objects or weights up to 45 lbs.
Salary range $41,000 - $44,000
To apply, please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Diversity is a core value of the Marlene Meyerson JCC Manhattan. We believe the power of diversity enriches all of us by exposing us to a range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
35,000 - 45,000
The mission of the Marlene Meyerson JCC
Manhattan is to build an inclusive Jewish community that celebrates the
strength of diversity. We are a home for individuals and families of all
backgrounds to grow and to learn, and to care about and deepen their
connections to one another. Rooted in Jewish values, our cultural, social,
educational, and recreational programs offer multiple pathways into the
richness of community life for members of all ages. Through our partnerships
and programs, we seek to fulfill our responsibility to the people of Israel and
Jews throughout the world, and to improve the quality of life in our
neighborhoods and our city.