Location and Job Title:
Food Pantry Coordinator, Workforce, Part Time, Little Neck
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
The Food Pantry Coordinator at Commonpoint Queens oversees and coordinates our digital Kosher food pantry at our Sam Field Center in Little Neck, Queens. This includes managing the delivery and distribution of weekly bulk food and produce as well as large scale holiday distributions. The coordinator is responsible for managing the ordering, receipt, storage, and distribution of kosher food from Met Council. The coordinator will provide oversight and guidance of pantry operations, supervising part-time staff and volunteers, registering clients and maintaining client databases, coordinating deliveries, and providing daily and monthly statistics and reports as required.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting with pantry operations including receiving products, inputting items into the digital system, updating the digital menu, organizing and rotating inventory and product storage.
- Handle weekly food ordering from Met Council and maintain appropriate inventory levels
- Coordinate and supervise the volunteer team during delivery and distribution.
- Maintain the client database and provide daily and monthly reports.
- Manage client registration and intake, data entry, and client records.
- Ensure correct and accurate inventory data is captured and reported for the network of poundage and clients served.
- Enforce food distribution policies and procedures, while maintaining a high-quality service delivery
- Oversee the breakdown of bulk products, maintaining an orderly, clean and safe environment.
- Ensure proper refrigeration and temperature control of frozen/temperature sensitive items.
- Manage high Holiday and Passover deliveries and distributions, to ensure purchasing, scheduling, and distributions are executed seamlessly.
- Support site visits to and from network agencies, donors, and partners as needed.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds, stack and load (on and off a truck and pallets) cartons, boxes and other food containers with or without accommodations.
- Should be well organized, respond well to supervision and be able to work independently
Skill and Education
- Bachelor's Degree required
- 3-5 years of equivalent management experience
- Knowledge of kashrut law
- Advanced computer and data entry skills required
- Bilingual in Spanish, Farsi or Russian a plus, but not required
- Must be culturally sensitive and able to work with a multicultural client/customer population
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.