Location and Job Title:
2000 Hollywood Dr
York, PA 17403
Overview: The Membership Director is responsible for new membership sales revenue, meeting/exceeding monthly and annual revenue and retention goals for membership, which will enable the JCC to forward their strategic mission plan. The Membership Director will develop, implement and lead new member onboarding, engagement, and retention strategies, which are consistent with the JCC's strategic plan and objectives. The Membership Director will ensure delivery of high quality member experiences, improve member retention, reduce attrition and extend the average length of membership of our customers. The Membership Director will promote programs to members and the community at large to meet established budget and revenue goals.
- Execute JCC marketing plans and sales initiatives to achieve/exceed personal and team's monthly and annual sales revenue, member retention and contract utilization goals.
- Recruit, hire, on-board, train, develop and supervises the Assistant Membership Director and Membership team.
- Prospect for new members/clients.
- Demonstrate proficient use of sales system by implementing consistent lead management, outbound calls and conversion ratio.
- Conduct tours for potential new members using a consultative sales
- Identify corporate wellness partner leads and achieve corporate wellness unit goals for the JCC.
- Create and implement new membership onboarding initiatives for new members, member engagement, retention, policy compliance, customer service, and member communications.
- Represent the JCC at community events to promote membership and
- Create and promote a work environment that is inclusive of diverse
- Provide direction, leadership and support to the JCC, with regard to their strategic retention, process evaluation, and improvement and performance management.
- Coordinate with Marketing and Communications Manager on member communication activities, such as newsletter, calendar and program
- Implement marketing and promotional activities including but not limited to member engagement events.
- Prepare, manage, and implement the membership annual budget to ensure goals are achieved.
- Other duties as needed or assigned.
- Understand/possess an openness to Jewish religion and traditions.
- Serve as an integral member of the Leadership Team.
- Attend all meetings and events that support the department's main objectives and responsibilities.
- Positively and actively promote the JCC's mission, membership programs, events, and charitable purpose to JCC members and the general public.
- Be familiar with the mission and vision statements and Core Values of the York JCC. Model the core values while working and communicating with members and staff.
- Serve as a role model for members and staff demonstrating positive attitudes, appropriate attire and grooming, and an effective work ethic.
- Protect confidentiality of records and information about staff, and use discretion when sharing any such information within legal confines.
- Associates degree required, Bachelors preferred.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience managing a customer service, marketing or membership department
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in a supervisory role
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain positive working relationships at all levels
- Ability to achieve results through the use of influence
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer service orientation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to be an independent contributor and team player
- Ability to use computer programs such as Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to plan, forecast, develop and manage a budget
- Ability to work with diverse populations
- Ability to work a highly flexible and rapidly changing work environment
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Vision, Hearing, Speech
- Must be able to lift at least 20
- Full-time, Weekday, daytime hours; occasional nights and weekends.
For questions or to submit an employment application, email Taylor Wetzel at email@example.com.
$45,000 - $55,000
Who We Are
The JCC is a non-profit community center that welcomes the diverse population of York County, regardless of religion, financial or ethnic background. Since 1910 the JCC's role has changed and expanded to reflect the current times. Our staff is committed to providing members and guests with high quality programs and customer service. Included in a membership is the use of the fitness center, over 100 group and water fitness classes each week, lap and family swims, open gym use, family art and gym activities, a relaxation center complete with whirlpool, sauna and steam room, and discounts on fitness, social, and enrichment classes and programs.
The JCC provides programming for:
- Wellness & Fitness for all ages
- Youth Fitness, Dance & Sports
- Children's Education and Child Care
- Holocaust Education
- Diversity Education
- Jewish Cultural Programs
- Contemporary Adult Programming