Location and Job Title:
General Ledger Accountant
Addison-Penzak JCC of Silicon Valley
14855 Oka Road
Los Gatos, CA 95032
Position: General Ledger Accountant
Classification: At-will, Full time, Non-exempt benefitted position
Reports to: Finance Director
The general ledger accountant performs a variety of routine and non-routine accounting functions with significant focus on general ledger accounting and reconciliations. This position is also responsible for supporting the Finance Director in conducting key activities related to Month-End and Quarter-End close, Fixed Assets, Bank Account Reconciliations and Audits.
All employees of the APJCC are responsible to create relationships with the members to add value to their membership and enhance their sense of belonging with the APJCC community.
- At the direction of the Finance Director, prepare monthly journal entries such as Cash, Payroll, Benefits, Prepaid, In-kind, Expense Allocations & Revenue.
- Assist with Balance Sheet preparation and Monthly Account reconciliations.
- Assist with the maintenance of Fixed Assets spreadsheet.
- Reconcile bank accounts as necessary
- File and maintain all journal entries for internal and audit purposes.
- Assist with the distribution of periodic financials.
- Assist with financial audits and tax return documentation as directed by the Finance Director
- Performs other duties as assigned by Finance Director
- Backup Accounting duties.
Perform special projects and other related duties as required by management and as business dictates.
- Strong understanding of debits/credits and accounting principles.
- 1-3 years of General Ledger and Journal Entries experience.
- Must have intermediate-advanced level Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to resolve complex problems with multiple variables.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong skills in working with expenses, accounting and ability to reconcile accounts.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, in English.
- Must be a strong team player, highly motivated and able to work under pressure during peak periods.
- B.S. degree in Accounting for Finance, or related field.
- Previous work with non-profits and community center or health club experience a plus.
- 3 years prior experience working in a busy office environment and directly working with Executive staff.
- Demonstrated, as well as working knowledge and expertise in accounting software including QuickBooks, relational accounting applications and spreadsheet programs.
- Intermediate-advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of basic office machines, phones, and equipment.
This position is contingent upon the completion and cleared background check of a fingerprint and life scan assessment.
Working Conditions/Physical requirements:
The working conditions described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to:
- Typical business office environment
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand, sit, lift, bend, twist
- Ability to work on computer for an extended period of time
- Work in the vicinity of children and older adults
While performing the duties of this job, the work environment can be noisy and you may be working in close proximity with others. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as phones, computers and printers.
Addison-Penzak JCC, Los Gatos, California