Location and Job Title:
Vice President of Behavioral Health and Adult Services
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
Meeting the evolving needs of our community is why we exist. We are here to enhance the quality of individuals and communal life through our innovative programs and providing services and care that supports both an individual and family life. Vice President of Behavioral Health and Adult Services will be responsible for the programmatic success in our Behavioral Health, Older Adults and Workforces divisions. The Vice President of Behavioral Health and Adult Services will be responsible for 50% of the agency's program portfolio and responsible for ensuring seamless team management and development, program delivery, quality control, and program evaluation. The CBHO will build and oversee an exciting, competitive, and profitable program portfolio of program offerings that utilize Commonpoint Queen's facilities and satellite locations to their fullest and compels the community to participate. We strive to provide an amazing employee Experience for the 1,200 mission-driven employees who take great pride in the very personal impact that our organization has for the more than 45,000 community members that we serve, as we find and fuel the creative spark that is in each of us. We have an exciting path ahead of us as we grow the team, expand rapidly to new locations and develop new and innovative program models as we reinvent communal purpose and connectivity in an ever-changing world.
What you'll do day-to-day:
- Work with an amazing and talented team across three core program divisions within our agency:
Adult Workforce: Centered in our new 10,000 square foot employment hub in Elmhurst, Queens our workforce division provides services in everything from job training and placement to support for food insecurity, benefits screenings and everything in between.
Older Adult Services: Our agency's goal is to provide stimulating and enriching programs and services for all ages, and we take pride in offering cutting edge social, wellness and educational opportunities for our most vulnerable population across dozens of locations.
Mental Health Services: The upcoming launch of an Article 31 mental health clinic for adolescents will build on our vast experience and stellar reputation for operating one of the top geratric mental health clinics (with satellite locations) in the city, transforming service delivery across the portfolio.
- Strategize: Act as a strategic partner to the CEO and executive team to provide insightful, innovative thinking to implement a portfolio of high-performing, revenue-generating programs specifically focused on Mental Health, Older Adults, and Workforce development that are reflective of organizational priorities.
- Develop: Play a lead role in building, strengthening, and leading a dynamic team of employees with the ultimate goal of creating deeper cross-program collaborations and communication
- Manage: Build and develop our program teams to ensure fiscally responsible and revenue-generating programs. Work closely with the CFO to develop a budget that reflects organizational priorities and communal responsiveness.
- Innovate: Help us define the future of work as we identify revenue opportunities and work with department directors, the Development team to cultivate funding sources, write grant proposals and maximize funding opportunities.
- Grow: Implement a system that will evaluate the skills, experience, and professional development needs of all staff that create a professional development program that addresses employee experience and skill gaps
- Coach: Support our leadership team to develop objective measurements to ensure consistent, high-quality evaluation and goal setting for all employees.
- Lead: Lead the team on developing strong systems that identify program impact, data collection and program assessment that instill a sense of accountability among team members by modeling tight oversight of individual and organizational performance standards
Why we're excited about you:
- Building high-performing teams: You have a framework for how companies turn good teams into great teams and can refine and extend that model at Commonpoint Queens. You know leading a team takes incredible communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to assimilate a high volume of information across disciplines and departments.
- Scale: Your experience scaling organizations with 500 or more employees in a multifaceted agency will ensure that we understand where we are going over the next several years.
- Not-for-Profit Experience: You've worked in a not-for-profit agency, understand regulatory compliance expectations of public funding, and understand some of the unique challenges and opportunities that come with the territory. Additionally, you have an advanced degree (LCSW preferred) with 5+ years of experience at the executive management level, direct experience working with the program areas you are responsible for, and have an advanced degree that is relevant to the program portfolio.
- Talent magnet: You know how to bring the best talent to Commonpoint Queens, and then set up the culture, opportunity, and compensation to keep them happy, productive, and growing over the long term. You are able to thrive in a fast-paced environment, exemplify leadership and composure under pressure while maintaining a high level of morale.
- Strategic and operational expertise: You will bring experience and insight to the exec and board meetings that go well beyond your day job and people operations. This insight will provide you with the ability to creatively problem-solve, make decisions, and implement those changes quickly and soundly
- Inspiring and thoughtful communications: Your ability to craft the right message to the team in both good times and bad will help us stay aligned and focused.
Why you want this job:
- Growth: There will never be a dull moment - we have a long list of opportunities and high-class problems to tackle; from evaluating long-term strategic direction to the expansion of locations, to new lines of business, you'll help us develop our strategy and build the team to execute on it.
- Impact: There aren't many growth companies with a strong platform, multi-faceted funding model, AND a powerful social impact. It's hard to find an organization that is both a positive influence on the world and phenomenal business.
- Team: You'll be a key member of an executive team that is more than capable of taking the company to the next stage of growth and beyond.
- Community: We have a large and uniquely passionate community of committed professionals dedicated to meeting the evolving and changing needs of the community. 91 percent of current employees believe we provide high-quality relevant programs to address community needs
- Board and Key Stakeholders We have one of the most supportive boards around. We are very proud to be a part of the UJA network of agencies and work in partnership with City and State municipalities to provide highly relevant social services to more than 45,000 people per year.
135,000 - 150,000
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with a flagship site in Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000. Our mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.