Location and Job Title:
Chief Development Officer
Kaplen JCC on the Palisades
411 E. Clinton Ave.
Tenafly, NJ 07670
Responsible for management and coordination of all efforts related to contributed income of approximately $4 million including annual campaign, events, corporate sponsorship, arts fundraising, capital campaign and planned giving. CDO serves as the primary strategist for identifying and growing sustainable sources of contributed income and managing donor stewardship. Reports directly to the CEO and serves as part of the senior management team. Manages department of 5 staff including special events coordinator, director of board engagement, individual giving manager, grants writer and development associate. Responsible for identifying, cultivating and maximizing donor engagement and stewardship.
- Sets fundraising goals, metrics and targeted outcomes for organization in partnership with CEO and develops action plans to achieve results
- Identifies KPIs for tracking and generating reports to determine progress toward goal achievement throughout the year
- Delegates tasks and ensures accountability of staff team to achieve results
- Builds and maintains a portfolio of major donors as appropriate
- Ensures staff team, CEO and other staff as needed manage donor relationships
- Recruits, trains, engages and manages volunteers to support and implement tasks to achieve fundraising objectives
- Staffs Development committee, capital campaign committee and sits as member of all event and fundraising committees and attends board meeting
- Ensures all staff track donor contacts in CRM system
- Works in partnership with Marketing department to implement events, campaigns and initiatives to achieve fundraising goals
- Develops a strong working knowledge of database to run appropriate reports and analysis for strategic planning and year-end review
- Foster a culture of philanthropy and ensure that fund development is executed in keeping with the organization's values, vision, and mission.
- Works with Departments to understand their budgets and opportunities for fundraising revenue streams, attends meetings and other events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience working in a not-for-profit development office with proven success in managing staff, increasing funds raised and achieving fundraising goals
- Demonstrates knowledge of philanthropy and fundraising principles
- Strong data analysis skills and ability to leverage metrics to developed optimal tactics to achieve results
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and confidentially, and be able to interact with donors, members, and staff in a professional manner.
- Demonstrated ability to lead collaboration across working groups
- Ability to initiate and organize work, establish priorities in a time-sensitive environment, and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality control.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and CRM/database, and an openness to embracing new technology.
120,000 - 135,000
Kaplen JCC On The Palisades is a welcoming home away from home for all who pass through its front doors. Our 185,000 square foot building plus acres of outside grounds feature 2 fitness centers, an indoor and outdoor aquatics center, group exercise, spin and pilates studios, 2 gymnasiums, tennis and racquet courts, indoor track, a luxurious spa, multiple playgrounds and fields and so much more. The JCC is home to the renowned Thurnauer School of Music, Leonard and Syril Rubin Nursery School, Neil Klatskin Day Camp, and the JCC Dance and Drama Schools. The JCC is also proud to offer extensive, high quality programs and services to adults of all ages, as well as to seniors and individuals with special needs.
Our vision is to be the center point of Jewish life in our community and to engage all generations in our mission and values.
Deeply rooted in Jewish values and tradition, the Kaplen JCC on the Palisades is a vibrant home for the Jewish People that welcomes all and cultivates the social, intellectual, physical and spiritual well-being of the entire community.
We are committed to demonstrating the following values and ask respect for these values from those with whom we interact:
CONNECTION TO JUDAISM AND ISRAEL
TIKKUN OLAM (repairing the world)