Location and Job Title:
Summer Camp Nurse
Surprise Lake Camp
382 Lake Surprise Road
Cold Spring, NY 10516
Apply externally at https://surpriselake.campintouch.com/ui/forms/appl...
Seeking Registered Nurses, ideally with significant experience in pediatric nursing, school nursing and / or camp nursing, as part of our summer camp team. The position begins in mid-June and lasts through the third week in August. The position includes full room and board as well as the possibility for your children to attend camp at a reduced tuition. Recent Graduates also encouraged to apply.
- Supervised by and responsible to Health Director/Head Nurse.
- Review camper medical forms and set up camper folders.
- Perform initial screening for campers and staff.
- Examine campers and staff during clinic hours.
- Distribute medication to outpatients in accordance with standing orders of physician.
- Provide emergency care to outpatients and nursing services to inpatients.
- Participate in day shifts and night coverage at Health Center.
- Help supervise Health Center aides.
- Attend Health Center staff meetings and general staff meetings as needed.
- Remain on call when not in Health Center.
- Accompany patients to doctors' offices and hospitals as needed.
- Conduct accident investigations and complete accident investigation forms.
- Help maintain Health Center facilities, equipment and supplies.
The successful candidate will have:
- A valid NYS nursing license (or ability to get one);
- Experience working in a camp or comparable setting;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Excellent organizational skills.
Since 1902, Surprise Lake Camp has provided a haven for children in the beautiful mountains of Cold Spring, NY. What makes SLC the best is the beauty of the site, the richness of the people and the program, the sense of history and tradition, and the magic we create when the whole thing comes together. We blend a commitment to traditional, rustic camp experiences with state of the art recreational facilities and are particularly proud of our open, inclusive community that is sensitive to the needs of interfaith and diverse families.