Location and Job Title:
Camp Art Specialist
Osher Marin JCC
200 N San Pedro Rd
San Rafael, CA 94903
The Osher Marin Jewish Community Center is looking for talented staff to work at our awarding winning Summer Camp! An Art Specialist should have experience working with children of all ages in an academic or camp atmosphere, a positive attitude, and be interested in working in a fast-paced, team environment.
The Art Specialist is responsible for managing all aspects of our Art Program. This includes but is not limited to: overseeing and managing our art room and supplies, ordering supplies and acting as a resource for other staff. While we are a Jewish camp, identifying as Jewish is not a prerequisite for employment. All Marin JCC Camp Kehillah staff members receive a free summer membership, which includes: access to our fitness & aquatics center and discounts on JCC programs such as summer night's concerts, and food at the carfe. Art Specialists also gain transferable skills - we provide training in child development, community building, and certification in CPR and First Aid. Additionally, Art Specialists gain leadership and supervisory experience.
Please Note: All Marin JCC Camp Kehillah Art Specialists must be at least 18 years of age.
Experience: Prior experience with children is required. Supervisory experience and prior camp experience preferred.
Apply at: https://campscui.active.com/orgs/campkehillah#/sel...
General and Specific Responsibilities:
- Plan and implement daily, age-appropriate, "hands-on" programs
- Coordinate ordering supplies with the Camp & Youth Operations Manager
- Organize and care for camp equipment, space and supplies
- Guide and involve counselors in specialty activity
- Act as a resource for counselors regarding projects they create for their campers
- Plan and host our Camp Art Show with the Directors
- Be able to assist in the event of sick and injured campers or emergencies (fire, earthquake, injury, etc.)
- Be able to observe activities in order to assess safety of every camper
- Possess strength and endurance required to maintain constant supervision of campers
- Able to handle and operate equipment used for art projects
The Osher Marin Jewish Community Center (Osher Marin JCC) is a multi-faceted not for profit 501(c)(3) community organization serving over 2,000 people per day with programs including health & fitness and aquatics, early childhood education, arts and culture, youth and teen programs, and senior services.Over the course of seventy years, the JCC has served the Marin Jewish and general community with dynamic programs that seek to sustain Jewish culture, build community, and enrich lives.