Location and Job Title:
Welcome Center & Membership Associate
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches
5221 Hood Road
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
This position is responsible for providing membership, program, class and event information to members and prospective members, greeting and assisting members and guests, as well as handling all incoming telephone calls, incoming and outgoing packages and mail. The Membership Associate is the first staff representative seen or heard at the Mandel JCC and must have strong customer service skills and be reliable and punctual. Position includes weekday and weekend work schedule to meet the needs of Agency programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Customer service is a priority! Make all members and guests at the JCC feel welcome and comfortable;
- Greet and welcome all JCC guests in person and by phone with a smile and positive attitude; answer questions and direct to other colleagues in a positive manner
- Provide membership, program, class and event information (catalogs, flyers, etc.) to members and prospective members when asked;
- Assist with registration process for various programs, classes and events as needed
- Responsible for ensuring that all money collected is recorded and deposited timely as directed by the JCC's standard operating procedure;
- Responsible for maintaining front desk;
- Ability to work efficiently, effectively and independently to complete assignments in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing tasks and demands;
- Ability to work collaboratively with agency staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere, and maintain courteous and professional working relationships with clients, vendors and outside contacts of agency;
- Ensures strict confidentiality of privileged information; Maintains adherence to all company policies and procedures, including agency safety requirements;
- Must work the days and hours to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks, and be punctual and timely in meeting all performance requirements, including but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years' experience in a member/customer-focused role.
- Previous experience in customer services/guest services is preferred.
- Must be proficient in use of standard office equipment, computer programs and have knowledge of a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software (Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with management, co-workers, vendors, and clients in a manner which encourages harmonious working relationships, enhances the image and reputation of the agency and promotes positive client/agency relations.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to comprehend the consequences of various problem situations and to refer them to the appropriate people for resolution.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (e.g., oral, reading and writing).
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability and willingness to participate in ongoing professional development activities in order to keep current on new developments in the field and to enhance skills already maintained.
- Must be able to multi-task and have strong organizational skills.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work mornings, nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to work independently and follow through on assigned tasks.
- Must be a team player.
The Mandel JCC is a non-profit social services agency founded upon Jewish ethics and values. Committed to meeting the ever-changing needs of the entire community, the Mandel JCC strengthens Jewish identity and enriches quality of life through diversified social, educational, recreational, and cultural programs. Operating out of two facilities throughout Palm Beach County, the Mandel JCC provides the total community with a forum for open dialogue and offers inclusive wellness, education, and community services for members and guests of all backgrounds.
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Opportunities for growth
Internal mobility is highly encouraged and fully supported.
Benefits (Full-Time Employees)
- Health Benefits
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- PTO: Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Voluntary Benefits: Pet Discount Program, Financial Wellness, Identity Theft Protection, Accident and Critical Illness
- Staff Discount on our Programs (FT and PT employees!)
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches does not discriminate against employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law.A non-discrimination clause concerning employment opportunity is incorporated in the Personnel Manual.The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.