Location and Job Title:
Welcome Center & Membership Associate, Boynton Beach
Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches, Boynton Beach
8500 Jog Rd
Boynton Beach, FL 33472
JOB TITLE: Welcome Center and Membership Associate (PT/FT)
LOCATION: Mandel JCC, Boynton Beach and Palm Beach Gardens
CLASSIFICATION: Hourly, non-exempt
This position is responsible
for providing membership, program, class and event information to members and prospective
members, greeting and assisting members and guests, front desk coverage, as well as handling all
incoming telephone calls, incoming and outgoing packages and mail. The Welcome Center and Membership associate's customer service skills, reliability, punctuality, ability to multi-task and be adaptable are critical to success as the
first staff representative seen or heard by our community. The Mandel JCC Membership Hours in our Boynton Beach and Palm Beach Gardens locations coincide with our facility hours - from the morning until the evening. This position is required to be available to work early morning, evening or weekends to suit our programs and deadlines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for providing membership, program, class and event information (catalogs, flyers, etc.) to members and prospective members when asked;
- Answering the JCC's main phone line and appropriately directing calls;
- Registers members using Personify for various programs, classes and events;
- Responsible for ensuring that all money collected is recorded and deposited timely as directed by the JCC's standard operating procedure;
- Works closely with the Membership Director and team as needed identifying areas of strength and weaknesses at the front desk while suggesting ways to improve upon them;
- Responsible for maintaining front desk activity logs; (i.e. deliveries)
- Ability to work efficiently, effectively and independently to complete assignments in a fast-paced environment with multiple competing tasks and demands;
- Ability to work collaboratively with agency staff members to form a positive, supportive team atmosphere, and maintain courteous and professional working relationships with clients, vendors and outside contacts of agency;
- Ensures strict confidentiality of privileged information; Maintains adherence to all company policies and procedures, including agency safety requirements;
- Must work the days and hours to perform all assigned responsibilities and tasks, and be punctual and timely in meeting all performance requirements, including but not limited to, attendance standards and work deadlines;
- Assist with other tasks assigned by the Membership Director.
- High school diploma;
- 1-2 years' experience in hospitality/service industry;
- Previous experience in guest services is preferred;
- Must have advanced computer skills and be proficient using Microsoft Office programs (MSWord, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with management, co-workers, vendors, and clients in a manner which encourages harmonious working relationships, enhances the image and reputation of the agency and promotes positive client/agency relations;
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to comprehend the consequences of various problem situations and to refer them to the appropriate people for resolution;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (e.g., oral, reading and writing);
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community;
- Ability and willingness to participate in ongoing professional development activities in order to keep current on new developments in the field and to enhance skills already maintained;
- Must be able to multi-task and have strong organizational skills;
- Must be able to work independently and follow through on assigned tasks.
Our mission at the Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is to build community and enhance connection to Jewish life. We embrace employees, members and guests of any race, color, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status or any other characteristic protected by Federal and State law.
A committed and diverse community helps the JCC achieve its top priorities of:
- Connecting families to Jewish life
- Healthy living
- High-quality Jewish cultural arts
- Connecting people to Israel
- Reaching out to the broader community
WHY SHOULD YOU JOIN US?
The Mandel JCC of the Palm Beaches is committed to a passionate, member and community-centric culture where team members are encouraged to contribute and collaborate leading to a highly engaged JCC family.
Opportunities for growth
Internal mobility is highly encouraged and fully supported.
Benefits (Full-Time Employees)
- Health Benefits
- Life, AD&D, Short Term Disability
- PTO: Vacation, Sick and Personal Days
- Staff Discount on our Programs (available for FT and PT employees!)
**NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE