Location and Job Title:
Harold and Elaine Shames JCC on the Hudson
371 S Broadway
Tarrytown, NY 10591
UP on Sundays
UP on Sundays is a social and life skills learning program geared towards children, teens, and young adults on the autism spectrum or with related supportive needs.
Younger participants engage in entertaining, engaging, and intentional programming that encourages each participant to learn new skills, build self-confidence, enhance social skills and increase self-awareness and emotional expression.
Older participants, we cultivate peer-to-peer relationships, create social justice experiences, and work on pre-vocational and life skills where each participant practices the necessary skill sets that encourage them to reach their most independent potentials.
Position: Group Leader
- Attend all program dates, trainings, and meetings
- Assist in curriculum planning
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate understanding for different abilities
- Support and engage participants in all activities
- Ensure participants' safety
- Manage and work closely with the other staff in the group.
- At least 18 years old. HS diploma, bachelor degree preferred in subject area relating to social services, education, or developmental disabilities
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Able to participate in physically engaging activity
- A customer-service orientation to one's work, and an interest and ability to interface regularly with parents and/or caregivers.
- Interest in providing direct care service
- Must be available to work Sundays October through May, 10:30AM to 2PM
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills: ability to work collaboratively with other staff to achieve programmatic goals
- Must be fully vaccinated
Are you interested in applying for a job at the Shames JCC?
Please submit your resume to Tracey Wiener, Program Manager of Special Needs Services, at TWiener@shamesjcc.org
The Shames JCC Hudson is located in Tarrytown, NY