Location and Job Title:
Kingsbay YM-YWHA INC.
3495 Nostrand Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11229
Kings Bay YM-YWHA/JCC Brooklyn a non-profit organization located in Sheepshead Bay Brooklyn is in search of a Sr. Accountant to join our team.This is a newly created position reporting directly to our CFO.
- Assist with month-end close and financial reporting functions including preparation of accrual basis financial statements and monthly financial reports.
- Review transactions posting to accounting system to ensure quality and accuracy of financial reporting
- In charge of grants budgeting, billing and collaborative reporting
- Prepare monthly reconciliations
- Process prepayments/deferrals, book accruals and adjustments
- Monitor budget-to-actual activity
- Oversee Senior Day Care billing and collection
- Perform daily customer receipts reconciliations to CRM system, merchant reports and bank deposits
- Serve as a backup for payroll processing and reporting functions (currently ADP)
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Knowledge of Grant Management and Non-Profit Accounting
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of MIP Fund Accounting Software
- Knowledge of ADP Payroll system
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Five years or more of related experience
Inspired by Jewish values and ideas, the Kings Bay YM-YWHA strives to build and strengthen communities, create meaningful relationships and lasting friendships, and foster deeper connections among individuals, families, and partner institutions in Brooklyn.
From our flagship base in southern Brooklyn, where we operate a successful full-service Jewish community center, to our more recent inroads in Brownstone Brooklyn and North Brooklyn under the JCC Brooklyn umbrella, the Kings Bay Y has remained true to its 60-year-old mission.