Location and Job Title:
Youth Sports Leagues and Camps Assistant Director
Marcus JCC of Atlanta
5342 Tilly Mill Rd
Dunwoody, GA 30338
Job Purpose: The Assistant Director of Youth Sports Leagues and Camps will assist with the management of the MJCCA's youth sports program, which provides a quality, safe, fun, and engaging youth sports experience for our participants.
- Exceptional Customer Service for all members, vendors, and fellow staff
- Organize and run youth recreational sports leagues, including, but not limited to, basketball, baseball, flag football, and soccer. This includes team evaluations, team placement, maintain and order sports equipment and facilities, uniform order, and distribution scheduling of games, and working with commissioners to find and train coaches.
- Organize and coach after school classes and practices, including, but not limited to, general sports skills, t-ball, basketball, and soccer skills.
- Recruitment of both staff and volunteer coaches
- Publicize & promote leagues and classes
- Athlete recruitment
- Assist in year-round communication with youth league families
- Assist in organization and logistics of sports camp. This includes hiring of sports camp staff, scheduling of field trips, and scheduling of camp activities.
- Camper recruitment
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in Sports Management or related field preferred
- Ability to maintain and engage in an extremely high level of customer service/customer care
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Computer competency
- Ability to work efficiently and handle large workloads
65,000 - 75,000
Impacting more than 55,000 people annually, the Marcus Jewish Community Center of Atlanta is welcoming to people of all faiths, ages, and backgrounds. One hundred years ago, Jews with vastly fewer resources than today built a Jewish Community Center in Atlanta. With little more than their passion for a better life, they built a safe, secure, and vibrant community center for their families and for all of the Jewish Atlanta families who followed.
The MJCCA has always given the community a place to gather and connect with friends and family through meaningful programs and much-needed services. For 100 years, the MJCCA has turned everyday minutes into Jewish moments that are remembered for a lifetime.