Location and Job Title:
Head Counselor and Unit Head Positions
Milton & Betty Katz JCC
501 N Jerome Ave
Margate City, NJ 08402
Unit Heads: College graduates who plan and develop activities for specific camper's groups; oversee and supervise groups of campers and counselors
Head Counselors: Creative, motivated and enthusiastic Head/Senior Counselors (college-age & older) to work with groups of 10-15 campers (ages 5-10) throughout the summer. Responsible for ensuring the health, safety, and recreational fun for all campers and oversee daily camp activities based on assigned camp group.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Able to teach and lead various recreational activities
- Responsible for the safety and well-being of a group of 10-15 campers.
- Communicate with parents about participant's experiences and report concerns to Camp Leadership.
- Assist in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports and daily attendance.
- Know and understand emergency and health procedures associated with the camp program.
- Plan, oversee and participate in activities and keep group on schedule.
- Set a good example and serve as a role model for campers.
- Guide campers in successful participation in all aspects of camp activities.
- Other responsibilities as assigned by Supervisor.
Camp Staff receive a complimentary summer membership to the JCC Fitness Center.
JCC CAMP BY THE SEA
501 North Jerome Avenue
Margate, NJ 08402
June 16-18 Orientation
June 21 - August 20, 2021
Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 4:00pm