Location and Job Title:
Youth and Family Engagement Director
Ronald Gardenswartz JCC of Greater Albuquerque
5520 Wyoming Blvd
Albuquerque, NM 87109
The Youth and Family Engagement Director for the Jewish Community Center is responsible for the development and implementation of innovative programs to attract and engage children, teens, and their families. This position is responsible for the oversight of the daily operations and staff performance in youth and family programs and ensures high quality programming and participant satisfaction.
- Create programming that provides a comfortable space for Jewish and Interfaith families to connect and enhance their understanding of Jewish values, holidays, rituals, and traditions.
- Develop and implement a recruiting strategy to attract youth and families to JCC programs There will be an emphasis on outreach to young Jewish families and Interfaith families
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise staff for JCC youth programs
- Direct and supervise J-Zone (drop- in school age program) school break camps and Saturday Night Out Programs
- Create and oversee Youth Birthday parties
- Serve as a liaison to the local BBYO chapters
- Serve in a leadership role at JCC Day Camp
- Collaborate and partner with JCC departments to cross-promote programs
- Ensure that the JCC youth programs are following health and safety regulations.
- Arrange for CPR and First Aid Training for youth staff
- Work in partnership with the Youth and Family Committee and the JCC Board of Directors
- Develop, oversee, and implement the Youth and Family Budget
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission of the JCC and be able to articulate it
Physical Demands: Must be able to sit and work for long periods of time at a desk and using a computer. Must be able to hear and communicate effectively in person and over the phone. May be required to be physically active while working children or youth; standing for long periods of time and to be able to bend, kneel, run, squat or lay on the floor. Must be able to regularly lift up to 20 lbs and to occasionally lift or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work: This is primarily a Monday through Friday position.Occasional evening and weekend hours may be required based on programming needs. Vacation approval may be limited during peak activity periods.
- Bachelor's Degree in education, recreation, social service, or related field
- 3+ years-experience working with youth and families in a Community Center, Camp, recreational or school setting
- Management/Supervisory experience
- Program management experience
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Entrepreneurial, innovative, and creative
- Ability to exercise initiative and adapt to change
- Strong knowledge of Jewish values, traditions, holidays, and culture required. Jewish or interfaith background strongly preferred.
- Personable, outgoing, and energetic personality
- Customer service oriented
45,000 - 55,000
The JCC of Greater Albuquerque, founded in 2000, is a non-profit organization, open to all ages and stages of life, regardless of religious affiliation. The JCC mission is to Enrich and inspire the entire community by offering quality, multi-generational fitness, wellness, cultural, recreational, social, and educational programs in a safe, nurturing, and welcoming environment that is respectful to all. The JCC has modern fitness and athletic facilities, outdoor aquatics center and an early childhood education center on its 10-acre campus. The JCC runs a wide variety of community, educational, recreational and social service programs.