Location and Job Title:
Camp Jaycee Inclusion Counselor
Lawrence Family JCC of San Diego County- Jacobs Family Campus
4126 Executive Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
SALARY/STATUS: $18.00 - $20.00 per Hour DOE / Seasonal
Are you interested in making a difference, working with kids, being active, working as a team etc? If so, Camp Jaycee would love to have you join our team as an Inclusion Counselor. The Camp Jaycee Inclusion Counselor will be responsible for assisting participants with special needs or behavioral issues, ensuring their ability to participate in all activities and modifying activities as needed to meet specific needs. The position implements safe and age appropriate programs for camp participants with ages spanning from preschool to 16 years of age. The Inclusion Counselor will follow and model Camp Jaycee objectives, rules, policies, and guidelines, and will be expected to establish positive relationships with parents, participants and staff. Using good judgment, the Camp Jaycee Inclusion Counselor will work as a team alongside other Camp Staff. The incumbent in this role will be responsible for handling emergency situations and providing first aid when needed.
- Minimum 6 months experience working with individuals with special needs, behavioral background preferred but not required.
- Previous experience working with children required.
- Ability to use good, sound judgment.
- Ability to handle emergency situations when needed.
- Ability to physically and mentally engage in all youth activities.
- Be a positive role model for children and staff.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Exhibit characteristics of leadership, responsibility, patience, dependability, maturity, integrity, ability to work independently, and display a positive attitude.
- Ability to complete CPR and First Aid certification by start date.
- Must be 18 years of ager or older.
- Ability to participate in all physical activities with participants (such as running, swimming, playing sports, leading games and crafts).
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, climbing, kneeling, crawling and bending.
- Regularly required to communicate.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift, push, or pull up to 30 lbs. (reconfiguring furniture, moving equipment/supplies, etc.)
- Ability to perform CPR/AED.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by the start date to be considered. Proof of vaccination will be required.
$35,000 - $45,000
The mission of the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS is to provide social, cultural, educational, and recreational programs to individuals and families of all ages, religions, races, financial abilities, and physical and mental abilities. Likewise, the JCC provides equal opportunity employment to individuals of all religions and backgrounds. The JCC welcomes San Diego's diverse Jewish community and the community at large.