Location and Job Title:
Early Childhood Program Assistant Director
Jewish Community Center of Austin
7300 Hart Ln
Austin, TX 78731
About the Job
We need you to fill the role of Early Childhood Assistant Director. This is a Full-time, Exempt position. You'll wow us by masterfully performing the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Works proactively and collaboratively with ECP Administrative staff and ECP Director to create an environment where teachers feel supported and valued and students are able to have an excellent early childhood program experience.
- Responsible for day to day center staffing, including working collaboratively with the ECP Administrative staff to maintain appropriate staffing in classrooms at all times in accordance with Texas licensing guidelines
- Works with ECP Administrative Team to coordinate and schedule teacher staff meetings and other meetings with teachers as requested
- Is responsible for supporting ECP Director to ensure consistent messaging is maintained with all ECP staff and parents
- Observes teacher classrooms and provides developmental feedback as needed
- Provides supervisory feedback to teachers and other ECP staff as needed
- Acts as primary point of contact for parent information and concerns
- Acts as primary point of contact for teacher information and concerns
- Works collaboratively with other on site ECP administrator to act as site closing administrator, ensuring appropriate departure of all children and closure of facility for the night
- Works collaboratively with Human Resources to provide appropriate employee support.
- Works collaboratively with ECP Director to provide teacher training as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in any field with extensive classroom or educational administrative experience or a degree in Early Childhood or Elementary Education.
- Minimum of 3 years in a licensed and accredited childcare facility, preferably in an administrative role.
- Experience at the ECP preferred, but not required.
- Knowledge of state of Texas licensing requirements preferred
- Computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Suite
- Understanding of and competence in bookkeeping or accounting
- A strong understanding of childhood development and early childhood educational philosophies
- Demonstrated success with proactive, positive and appropriate verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated success with time management and accountability.
- Demonstrated success maintaining programmatic administration including demonstrated success managing details proactively and effectively.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (which may, depending on the position you are hired for, include an FBI fingerprint check).
- Adhere to our Mission, Core Values, and all HR policies and procedures.
45,000 - 55,000
- We are Shalom Austin, the hub of Jewish life in Central Texas.
- We are a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization comprised of the Jewish Community Center (JCC), Jewish Federation, Jewish Family Service (JFS), and the Jewish Foundation.
- The majority of our programming operates on 40+ beautiful acres on the Dell Jewish Community Campus in the live music capital of the world - "weird" Austin, Texas.
- We are a passionate group of more than 200 staff working on our mission of enhancing the quality of Jewish life in the greater Austin area and around the world through philanthropy, education, social service, culture, spirituality and total wellness.
- You care about UNITY. You recognize the importance of one team that leverages resources, talents and expertise to achieve a common purpose.
- You care about EXCELLENCE. You are committed to continual improvement and you consistently set new standards for success.
- You care about RESPECT. You nurture your workplace through honesty, sincerity and responsibility.
- You care about CREATIVITY. You approach both opportunities and obstacles with a spirit of flexibility, thinking critically to achieve innovative solutions.
- You care about INITIATIVE. You are a self-starter, driven to exceed expectations and claim a sense of ownership as you pursue your goals.
- You care about KNOWLEDGE. You engage in continuous learning and actively seek opportunities that provide professional enrichment and personal fulfillment.