Location and Job Title:
Shalom Austin JCC
7300 Hart Ln
Austin, TX 78731
As a Teen Manager on the Youth and Teen Team, you will be part of the 360-degree engagement experience we offer to the Jewish community in Austin and Central Texas. Our Teen Manager someone who is dedicated to influencing teens and creating positive environments where 6th through 12th graders can learn and develop their Jewish identities, during both the school year and in summer camp. This position is also an active member of the Youth and Teen team and supports departmental and family programming throughout the year. This is a FULL TIME, SALARIED position.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter/resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.shalomaustin.org
- Works with teens to attract and retain members to strengthen and grow chapters.
- Recruits new members to join BBYO and to attend summer programs.
- Recruits and manages volunteer chapter advisors.
- Supports and inspires teens by creating leadership development opportunities and serving as a Jewish role model and experiential educator.
- Helps coordinate and oversee local overnight and weekend conventions, as scheduled.
- Staffs and/or attends International BBYO Programs (International Convention, staff conference)
- Helps in developing an annual city program calendar and implementation plan.
- Builds and maintains positive relationships with key community stakeholders.
- Attends Regional Board and Convention Steering meetings with Austin-based teens.
- Collaborates with full-time BBYO staff based in Houston, and other Lonestar staff.
- Coordinates BBYO movement-wide experiences at the local level, including Global Shabbat and J-Serve.
- Other duties as assigned.
Summer Camp (JCamps)
- Acts as Teen Camp Coordinator, which includes Middle School Camps and Leaders in Training (LIT) program, to create, plan, implement and execute each summer.
- Supervises Teen Camp staff.
- Support and plan year-round initiatives relating to JCamps.
- Collaborates to plan and execute special events related to JCamps.
- Other duties as assigned.
Youth and Teen Administrative Responsibilities
- Develops and maintains solid understanding of department priorities, operations and events.
- Provides day to day tactical and operational support to any Youth and Teen programming needs.
- Supports department and organizational special events as needed.
- Provides program transportation with organization vehicles when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BBYO Lonestar Regional Conventions each year (2-3 times per school year), typically in Houston or the surrounding area each 3-4 days long, typically over a weekend.
- BBYO Lonestar Regional all-day events (2 times per school year), typically in Houston or the surrounding area.
- 1 BBYO International Convention somewhere in North America during Presidents Day weekend for 5-7 days.
- 1 BBYO Staff conference, somewhere in North America, typically in January for 5-7 days.
- Teen Camps travel throughout Austin each day. In the future, there will be some overnights in Austin and overnight out of town trips to other cities in Texas.
What you will bring:
- Possess a Bachelors Degree (preferably in Education, Jewish Studies, Child Development or related field).
- At least two years of relevant experience with teen programming, after-school programming, summer camp or classroom teaching for grades 6-12.
- Cultural competency with Judaism or Jewish culture.
- Ability to thrive working independently and on a team. Demonstrates ability to take initiative for independent work and as a team member.
- Excellent project management skills, with ability to manage multiple tasks, focusing on the intricate and miniscule details.
- Ability to create organized systems for data, schedules, rosters, etc.
- Ability to effectively address multiple tasks at the same time and ability to interact with people of diverse backgrounds required.
- Comfortable driving a 15-passenger van. Must have a valid Texas Drivers License (if not in Texas, must be willing to get a Texas DL).
- Comfortable in and around pool and water activities.
- Pass all required criminal history background checks (which include an FBI fingerprint check)
- Adhere to our Mission, Core Values, and all HR policies and procedures.
$35,000 - $45,000
The Shalom Austin Jewish Community Center (JCC) is one of the four branches of Shalom Austin. The JCC is your place to connect with the community, build friendships, improve physical fitness and overall wellness, and attend programs with family and friends. The "J" is open to all. It welcomes and respects people of all ages, fitness levels, interests and religions. Located on the lush 40-acres of the Dell Jewish Community Campus, JCC members enjoy full access to the Sports & Fitness Complex, including the fitness center, free-weights room, full court gymnasium, aquatics center, tennis center and nature trail. Membership includes a variety of free in-person and online group fitness classes, access to youth and family programming, Early Childhood Program preschool, and after school activities. Members may also take advantage of early registration and discounts on programs and events such as summer camp (JCamps), enrichment classes, adult programming and more. The Jewish Community Center serves as the main programming division of the Jewish Community Association of Austin. The key programming areas under the JCC umbrella include Early Childhood, Sports & Fitness, Youth & Teen Services, and Jewish cultural and educational programs. JCC members enjoy full access to our outstanding Sports & Fitness facilities and also receive discounts on JCC programming such as JCC Camps, enrichment classes, special cultural events, and more. The JCC is a beneficiary of the Jewish Federation of Greater Austin Annual Campaign.