Location and Job Title:
JCompany Communications & Education Coordinator
Lawrence Family JCC of San Diego County- Jacobs Family Campus
4126 Executive Drive
La Jolla, CA 92037
PAY RATE/STATUS: $19.00-$22.00 per hour DOE / Full-Time, Non-Exempt
Reporting to the Managing Director, and working closely with the Theatre & Artistic Director, the JCo Communications & Education Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that the infrastructure of JCompany is running effectively and efficiently. The incumbent in this role will execute a variety of administrative tasks with a specific focus on the coordination and implementation of the education curriculum for JCompany Youth Theatre and all that encompasses it. The JCompany Communications & Education Coordinator will work on the strategy and implementation of all marketing/PR, recruitment and outreach for each production, audition, educational programming and the company as a whole.
MORE DETAILS: Full-time positions are eligible for a wide variety of benefits that include:
- Health Insurance
- Group Life, AD&D and Long-Term Disability (100% employer-paid)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan Contributions
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Sick Leave
- Vacation Leave
- Generous Paid Holidays
- FREE JCC Annual Family Membership that gym/pool access and discounts on after-school and summer programs
- Friendly Work Environment!
- Flexible Work Schedule
- BA in Theater, Business, or Event Management is preferred but not required.
- Two or more years administrative and customer service experience.
- Ability to manage budgets, cash flows and work with accounts payable/receivable.
- A strong interest in theater and a passion for the promotion of Youth and Educational theater programming.
- Experience working with children ages 4-19.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, with skill in Excel, and the ability to maintain and manipulate databases.
- Knowledge of marketing with proven written and verbal communication skills is essential.
- Strong writing and communication skills, interpersonal skills, and a positive team player.
- Diplomacy in dealing with a variety of personality types, and a positive attitude towards working with a diverse population.
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, and possess the ability to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal skills while maintaining a positive demeanor when working with children and volunteers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a focus on excellent customer service and the security of members and patrons.
- Basic knowledge of Jewish culture is also desirable, but not required.
- Ability to work some nights and weekends for productions.
Please Note- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination will be required.
- Frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms for long periods of time.
- Occasional lifting, pulling, climbing, kneeling, and bending.
- Requires long periods of sitting and standing.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, peripheral, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to do light lifting up to 50 lbs. is required (moving props, setting up rooms for events)
$19.00-$22.00 per hour
The mission of the Lawrence Family Jewish Community Center, JACOBS FAMILY CAMPUS is to provide social, cultural, educational, and recreational programs to individuals and families of all ages, religions, races, financial abilities, and physical and mental abilities. Likewise, the JCC provides equal opportunity employment to individuals of all religions and backgrounds. The JCC welcomes San Diego's diverse Jewish community and the community at large.