Location and Job Title:
Cafe Counter Lead
Osher Marin JCC
200 N San Pedro Rd
San Rafael, CA 94903
Reporting to the Cafe Manager, the cafe Counter Lead is a full time, 37.5 hours a week, non-exempt, hourly position that is responsible for all aspects of the front of Cafe including the day-to-day oversite of the Cafe Counter and dining room portion of Plaza J Cafe operations. Leads and directs counter staff and ensures adherence to JCC health and safety standards.
- Creates a warm, homey environment of exceptional customer service.
- Greets all JCC members and guests in a cheerful and courteous manner.
- Listens to and resolves customer complaints regarding service, product, and personnel and communicates on a timely basis issues and their resolution to the Cafe Management.
- Oversees day to day stocking and rotation of the drinks, chips, snacks, ice cream, yogurt mixes, Cold brew, plastic serving ware, coffee, teas and other cafe items.
- Prepares, maintains and rotates perishables including the bakery case.
- Maintains the cleanliness and orderliness of the deli cases, back counter, drawers, glass fronts, bagel and water stations.
- Maintains cash drawer and deposits, maintains promotional discounts and reconciles cash drawers and makes deposits.
- Assists Cafe Manager and Cafe Assistant Manager in overseeing Cafe staff:
- Directs the activities of the Counter Staff to insure performance of assigned duties.
- Trains and develops the capabilities of staff.
- Creates a work environment that fosters teamwork, personal growth, and self-confidence.
- Ensures all equipment is in proper and safe working condition. If not, immediately notifies Cafe Manager.
- Ensures all health & safety procedures are followed, including mandatory food handling certificates and working conditions are safe for staff.
- Acts as project leads, including working day of, for concession stand at our annual Summer Night Concerts.
- Attend staff meetings and other meetings, as required.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Cafe Manager and or the Cafe Assistant Manager.
Salary & Benefits:
- $16.00 an hour to start, for a 37.5 work week.
- JCC Gym membership, Health & dental insurance; life insurance; retirement; Section 125 plan with Flex Spending Accounts for H/C, Dependent Care and Transportation; 22 paid vacation days per year; 13 paid sick days per year; up to 11 National & Jewish holidays and 3 floating holidays per year; JCC Family membership; discounts on JCC programs, services & events.
- Up to three years' experience in restaurant, catering or other food service business and/or similar business background, including customer service standards is strongly preferred.
- Direct experience with customer service and employee supervision preferred.
- Experience with Square or other payment processing systems preferred.
- Physical requirements: standing for long periods of time and lifting up to 35 pounds.
- Able to work flexible schedule with availability that meets the cafe business needs including weekends, weekday, opening and closing shifts and the commitment to be available to work two times a year for our festivals.
- Friendly, welcoming and outgoing.Exceptional interpersonal, relationship building and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), Internet, etc., as well as a high comfort level with PC's.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
The Osher Marin Jewish Community Center, located in San Rafael, CA, provides educational, social, cultural, and fitness programs to the community since 1946. Open to all, with the mission of enhancing people's lives and preserving Jewish Identity, its programs and services include:
- A state-of-the-art fitness center
- An outstanding preschool
- Performing arts, literary and cultural events
- Summer camps for children of all ages and special programs for teens
- Special programs for families and older adults
- Educational classes, workshops and excursions