Location and Job Title:
Basketball League Referee
The Roth Family JCC of Greater Orlando
851 N Maitland Ave.
Maitland, FL 32751
- Represents the JCC and maintains appropriate relationships with members.
- Maintains professionalism while working.
- Defuses conflict situations involving players, spectators, or captains.
- Communicates any inappropriate behavior to Sports Director.
- Enforces Basketball rules provided by the JCC.
- Serves as a positive role model.
- Has knowledge of emergency and safety procedures.
- Arrives to work in a timely manner.
- Represents the JCC and maintains appropriate dress code.
- Help sports staff set up prior to the start of the games and clean up after games conclude.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Knowledge of rules and 2+ years of experience officiating Basketball.
Must present a professional and have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
Must possess conflict resolution skills and good judgment in identifying potentially risky situations involving participants.
Completion of JCC program-specific certifications.
- Sufficient strength, agility and mobility to perform essential functions.
- The primary responsibility of the basketball referee is to enforce the rules of the game. Referees are responsible for calling violations maintaining order in play, and can assess technical fouls or eject players for rules infractions. Part time, evening position up to four nights a week. Experience preferred, must be certified.
Pay rate: $20/hour
The JCC is an equal
opportunity employer to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed,
color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental handicap, or
Since 1973, The Roth Family Jewish Community Center of Greater Orlando in Maitland has been the center of Jewish life in Central Florida and home to award-winning preschool, after school, summer camp, fitness, sports, arts and community programs.