Location and Job Title:
Assistant Coordinator, Extended Day Services High School and College Success
Commonpoint Queens - Samuel Field Y
58-20 Little Neck Parkway
Little Neck, NY 11362
Within our framework of a holistic, strength-focused, and family-supported practice, an individual hired as Assistant Coordinator, Extended Day Services in the High School and College Success division and will report directly to the Senior Director of High School and College Success. Office will be based in the Queens High School of Teaching, Bellerose, Queens.
- Develop and implement innovative programming with high quality goals and outcomes including enrichment components, vocational opportunities, recreation and experiences.
- Balancing programming provided at multiple locations, including after school, evenings and weekends.
- Assist with programs and services within the High School portfolio, as needed.
- Ensure that all contractual obligations are met, including attendance requirements of 90 hours per student, per program year.
- Hire, screen, train and supervise volunteers, teachers and activity specialists within the programs.
- Attend all mandatory professional development training, as requested.
- Coordinate and attend all site visits from regulatory agencies, funders, evaluators and agency personnel.
- Observe and communicate with staff to provide consistent, ongoing supervision and guidance to ensure that staff upholds the policies set forth by the Samuel Field Y (SFY), and the New York State Education Department (NYSED), along with School Age Child Care (SACC) and Department of Health (DOH).
- Maintenance and follow up to ensure all files for staff and participants are current, including fingerprints, medicals, state clearance forms, credentials and licenses and submitted to Human Resources in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that all participant files are accurate and kept current with documents, case notes, interventions and success planning, along with attendance requirements.
- Complete and maintain program data in tools provided by the funder (mid/end year reports) and the agency (weekly dashboard).
- Recruit program participants and complete the enrollment process in a timely fashion. Conduct individual and group counseling with students identified by the school and through the program.
- Conduct and participate in ongoing (monthly) professional case conferences, schedule site-based training as well as staff meetings, with agendas and attendance sheets.
- Arrange twice annual program evaluations with the firm selected by the organization.
- Monitor expenditures (personnel, stipends, incentives, supplies, OTPS, petty cash) to stay within the budget set forth by the Senior Director of High School & College Success.
- Ability to develop partnerships to increase services, collaborate and work in teams.
- Takes initiative and has ability to solve problems.
- Energized by the idea and process of creating and implementing new initiatives.
- Highly organized, detail oriented and trustworthy.
- Computer skills required, including experience with all Microsoft Office software packages; Google Drive (Gmail, Calendar, Contacts, Docs, etc.); local area networks; and efficient use of the Internet.
General Tasks of All Samuel Field Y Staff:
- Ability to travel to multiple locations required.
- Promote and implement the Core Values of the Jewish Community Center.
- Participation in all staff meetings and staff training seminars.
- Participation in agency-wide programs and program committees, as assigned.
- Active involvement, as a supervisee, in the supervision process.
- Support the mission of Commonpoint Queens.
- Other tasks appropriate to Commonpoint Queens staff, as assigned.
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday - 8:00 - 4:00 PM
- Tuesday, Thursdays - 12:00 - 8:00 PM
- Weekends and Overnight Trips, as needed. Schedule will adjust to accommodate.
Education & Qualifications:
- Master's degree in Education, Counseling or Social Work preferred.
- At least two (2) years of relevant work experience within the framework of Youth Development and providing services to at risk youth.
Commonpoint Queens reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Commonpoint Queens is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities.
To Apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume, as a Word or PDF document only. Please indicate "Assistant Coordinator, Extended Day Services" in the subject line.
Due to the high volume of applicants, only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Commonpoint Queens is a non-profit, multi service agency with flagship sites in Little Neck, Bayside, Forest Hills and 33 additional sites throughout the community that provides a diverse array of programs and services to over 35,000 mission is to sustain and enhance the quality of family and individual life for all members of our community, regardless of religion, ethnic or cultural background, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual preference, age, or disability, within a pervasive and inclusive environment that facilitates individual growth, meets individual needs and builds community. We accomplish this mission through a broad range of social, educational, and recreational services that reach community members of all ages and backgrounds.